View Single Post
Old 25th March 2010, 09:06   #1489  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

mkvtoolnix 3.3.0 released

Hey,

I've released mkvtoolnix v3.3.0. This release contains contains several important bug fixes and a few new features. Behind the scenes huge parts of the code have seen adjustments, especially the order and amount of included header files. I've gone to great lengths to ensure everything compiles as usual on several platforms and versions but be prepared for compiler errors if you compile the package yourself.

There are no changes that package maintainers have to look out for.

Here are the usual links...

...to the home page:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/

...to the source code:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkv...-3.3.0.tar.bz2

...to the Windows installer and 7zip archive:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkv....3.0-setup.exe
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkv...icode-3.3.0.7z

All binaries that I provide myself have already been uploaded.

Here's the full ChangeLog since release 3.2.0:

------------------------------------------------------------
2010-03-24 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* Released v3.3.0.
* Build system: Sped up builds by using pre-compiled headers. Patches by Steve Lhomme (see AUTHORS) and myself.

2010-03-23 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed the default duration for interlaced MPEG-1/2 video tracks. Also added the 'interlaced' flag for such tracks. Patches by Xavier Duret (see AUTHORS). Fix for bug 479.

2010-03-22 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Specifying a FourCC with spaces at the end will not result in an error anymore. Fix for bug 480.

2010-03-19 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Timecodes for MPEG-1/2 tracks are calculated properly, especially for B frames. Patch by Xavier Duret (see AUTHORS). Fix for bug 475.

2010-03-18 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: enhancement: Added a message in verbosity level 2 to the splitting code. It reports before which timecode and after what file size a new file is started.
* All: A lot of changes preparing mkvtoolnix for use with the upcoming libebml2/libmatroska2 versions were applied. Patches by Steve Lhomme (see AUTHORS).

2010-03-15 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed a crash when reading Matroska files that contain Vorbis audio with in MS compatibility mode (CodecID A_MS/ACM). Fix for bug 477.
* All: enhancement: Added support for old Mac-style line endings (only '\r' without '\n') in text files.

2010-03-11 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mmg: enhancement: Added the values "4483M" and "8142M" to the "split after this size" drop down box.

2010-03-06 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mmg: bug fix: Fixed compilation if gettext is not available.

2010-03-03 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* Build system: Added project files and fixes for compilation with Microsoft Visual Studio 8. Patches by David Player (see AUTHORS).
* Installer: bug fix: A couple of start menu links to pieces of the documentation were broken. Added missing start menu links to translations of the documentation.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: The SRT reader skips empty lines at the beginning of the file.

2010-03-02 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* Build system: bug fix: Fixed the configure script and compilation on OpenSolaris.

2010-02-26 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* Installer: bug fix: The "jobs" directory in the application data folder is removed during uninstallation if the user requests it. Fix for bug 474.
* mkvextract: bug fix: Fixed granulepos calculation when extracting Vorbis tracks into Ogg files. Fix for bug 473.

2010-02-24 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* All: bug fix: The programs will no longer abort with an error message if a selected interface translation is not available. The "C" locale is used instead. Fix for bug 472.

2010-02-23 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge, mkvextract: enhancement: Improved the error resilience when dealing with damaged Matroska files. When a damaged part is encountered reading will continue at the next cluster.

2010-02-20 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed the handling of UTF-16 encoded chapter names in MP4/MOV files.

2010-02-18 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* mkvmerge: enhancement: Some Matroska files contain h.264/AVC tracks lacking their CodecPrivate element (e.g. files created by gstreamer's muxer). For such tracks the CodecPrivate element (the AVCC) is re-created from the bitstream. Fix for bug 470.
* mkvmerge: bug fix: MP4 files that do contain edit lists but whose edit lists do not span the entire file are processed properly. Such files are created by current x264 builds. Fix for bug 469.

2010-02-13 Moritz Bunkus <moritz@bunkus.org>
* Build system: Fixed configure for systems on which 'echo' does not support the '-n' parameter (e.g. Mac OS).
------------------------------------------------------------

Have fun.

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.