View Single Post
Old 27th January 2009, 07:44   #906  |  Link
xopowo

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
I don't use VirtualDubMod so I ask this: Why do you have to close and re-open the file? How do you close it?

When you exit VDM, the filter gets deinstantiated, which should clear the CUVID server. I don't know what happens if you just do File/Close video file. If VDM doesn't deinstantiate the source filter, then there can be trouble.

Perhaps "cuts" wasn't the best way in which to describe it. When I make trims would be more appropriate. Then, when the trims are saved into the avs file, then I re-open the file so that the script will load with the applicable trims. When this happens, if there was a video frame that was viewed with the server running, then even though I load the script again with the appropriate trims, that video frame is stuck in memory somehow and it will actually encode into the video even if that particular frame is outside of the boundary of the trims that were specified.

Does that perhaps explain it better? It makes sense to me, but that obviously does nobody but myself any good.

**edit** If I hit file/close, or just re-open the avs with the trims in it, or if I physically close the application and re-launch it ... this particular anomoly happens each time. I 'have' to exit the cuvid server and relaunch it to clear any frames that it may have in memory.

Last edited by xopowo; 27th January 2009 at 07:46.