View Single Post
Old 5th April 2006, 01:44   #355  |  Link
thuongshoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrinam
I don't understand you. What do you mean by "stream data pipeline"?

EDIT: I read your earlier post and Googled it. I found this result:

So, that issue is not to do with MeGUI, it's x264's problem, and I would also say it isn't a problem -- x264 is just slow, because it is very powerful
"stream data pipeline" , is a fucntion , .Perhaps you don't understand "function" .
yes ,
Quote:
Stream data pipelining controls the number of audio and video buffers in flight in VirtualDub's pipeline
So can you do the same in Megui ?
I want to have a function which named "Stream data pipeline" , controls the number of audio and video buffers in flight in Megui's pipeline
Virtualdub have 3 function concerns with "pipeline" , you can view the picture which I posted .
Virtualdub uses x264vfw while Megui uses x264.exe ,so I don't know whether Megui can boost speed as Virtualdub
Quote:
Again, this value rarely speeds anything up if you're doing a slow operation like recompression, and raising it can have extremely bad consequences
yes , I agree with Averly Lee but it is not bad function completely . If I use 256 buffers (maximum) , output file can be bad but I use less 256 buffers , Virtualdub is ok .Adding , Virtualdub using .Avi as output container , it is said that .Avi is not a good container for x264
The speed actually increase if I increase "AVI buffer" .I use Virtualdub and the speed is often 16 frame/s while is only 2 frame/s for Megui

Last edited by thuongshoo; 5th April 2006 at 01:47.