View Single Post
Old 29th March 2011, 03:32   #530  |  Link
hydra3333

OK ... now I'm off to locate and research "SEt's builds, 2.58MT or 2.6MT" (for known bugs, limitations) ... I recall looking at them some months ago and thought they appeared too fragile then; hope things have improved.

edit: Seems to me like "choose your poison" as all versions crash ...

Not so good for 2.5.8 MT -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didée View Post
a) Where TGMC + SetMTmode(2,4~6) would crash occasionally in Avisynth 2.5.8.5.MT, it seems rock stable in Avisynth 2.6 (SEt's 09-19 build).
b) in Avisynth 2.5.8.5.MT, QTGMC + SetMTmode(2,4~6) crashes more often for me than TGMC does. Can't tell why, it just is like that.
Not so good for 2.6 MT either -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetal Encoder View Post
Well, I can now happily report that I have completely resolved my bizarre KERNELBASE and unknown exception crashes with Avisynth 2.6. It occurred to me to go back and check to make sure that there weren't any memory access issues since this is 32-bit softwares. I found Avisynth crashing with these errors after running up to 1.6GB of RAM used. At first I didn't get it because previously I had tested my script with SetMemoryMax and had gotten the same errors. But I thought I'd test again with a very low limit at 1.2GB and when I did it worked flawlessly, zero crashes. I tested different values and got it up as far as 1500MB without crashing. I took a look at the script with which I had previously tested SetMemoryMax (I kept a record of all the scripts I had been testing) and found that the lowest I had gone in setting the memory limit was 1600MB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yup View Post
I find that YToUV() with YUY2 do not work for Set 2.6 build. VirtualDub try show half horizontal size frame and crash. This reason why do not work nnedi3_rpow2().
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emulgator View Post
SEt's avisynth.dll 32 MT Build 2.6.0 2009 09 19 in sysWOW64 on a Win7U64.
CPU i7920XM, 8GB RAM, SetMemoryMax=1536
Renders 50 frames in VirtualDub 1.9.10, then raises unknown exception.
No matter if script uses SetMTMode or not. Lowering SetMemoryMax to 768 did not help.
The same script on same engine, same system
with straight avisynth.dll 2.5.8.5 non-MT in sysWOW64 :
Both MemoryMax values run properly.
VirtualDub uses ~600MB.

Last edited by hydra3333; 29th March 2011 at 03:55.