View Single Post
Old 8th December 2006, 09:28   #433  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

As usual the log files is always needed !

Quote:
I'm trying to make original resolution anamorphic XVID out of it (without black bars)
if so leave resizer to anything but NONE and set width to 720-backbars value (or better leave Automatic in width)

Quote:
ProjectX makes "m2p"-files which are just regular mpeg2. AutoMKV chokes on these.
i doubt that automkv chokes on this mpeg files since the hard work, indexing, (after demuxing) is demanded to Dgindex. And i never found an mpeg2 that can cause dgindex to hang.
Please post a link to a sample of this file.

Quote:
ProjectX also likes to add [] to the filenames. Ditto.
I don't know (never found this issue).... but i think that this brachet are presents even in original file names AND DGinxed gives a special value to these [ ] character.
Again, is true, try with a file name without [ ]

Quote:
If I set no resize and un-tick the "use CFR"-line in advanced setup, DGindex stays open and doesn't do anything.
as before. check file name

Quote:
Building CQ XVID for AVI (Q=3) yields expected results. Building CQ XVID for MKV yields really really crummy quality (22MB vs 3.5MB output).
that's impossible since the encoding part is the same for every container. i think that something goes wrong before.

Quote:
Does the bitrate-line do anything with CQ profile?
no, is totaly ignored

Quote:
What filter (if any) to use for DVD-rips with Q=3 no resize unlimited CQ profile?
i like dctfilter and Hqdn3d

Quote:
If I adjust the profile in the advanced profile view, is the original profile file modified?
should... i must check...

about guides... is is needed i try to work asap...

BHH
AutoWebM: supporting WebM/VP8