View Single Post
Old 6th October 2009, 20:20   #1322  |  Link
darcmage

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcmage
I should have clarified that part. I was experiencing the cuvid picture decode () mentioned above which would crash the display adapter and lock the clockrates on power saving mode until I restarted. This happened before I knew about nvcuvid and nothing in the readme addresses this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
I'm saying that if you followed the readme from the beginning, i.e., use the specified version of the Nvidia driver and do not use any special nvcuvid DLL, then you wouldn't have run into any of the problems you created for yourself.
Quote:
Again, the cuvid picture decode () errors started happening before any knowledge of nvcuvid.dll. I didn't have any other version other than the one installed by the driver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
Did you have an old version of the nvcuvid.dll in your DGNV directory? That's the only thing that could explain how copying from system32 to there could have changed anything...it overwrote the old one.

So then we ask, why did you have an old one in there?
Quote:
There was no nvcuvid.dll in the DGNV directory until I searched these forums for a solution to the first set of errors which resulted in the second set of errors.
I would be happy to help you get to the bottom of this but you keep insisting on operating under the false premise that there was a conflicting version of the dll present despite my assurances to the contrary. I'm sure of this because I did a windows search for the file after downloading the one from your site which was still zipped. The only result was in the system32 dir.