View Single Post
Old 29th January 2013, 14:28   #8  |  Link
paradoxical

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-moose View Post
the processing time on standard sups is still a little slower than the java one. I ran the same sup with 720p resizing on both and timed it. about 5-6secs faster on the old java but I think that's still better than it was. 6 seconds are not gonna kill me
On this non-standard sup java takes around 3mins vs less than a minute on your latest version and as I said the end vobsub size is about 1/6.

Also from a non-expert view the cmd info seemed odd. java got to 1269/1269 and ++ 72/223. They might just use a different routine. Just pointing it out.
I'm sure you'll be able to tell more trying out the sup file provided.

thanks!
Yeah, there is definitely something amiss there.

Edit to add:

Checking the 1.0.0 version and it spews a ton of errors, too. So, I'll track it down here in a bit.

Edited to add again:

So more interestingly is that 4.0.1 Java version processes that sup with no "missing end time of frame" warnings. The 1.0.0 of ++ spews a bunch of those warnings which also matches what 5.1.1 Java does as well. 1.0.1 only has those warnings for far less frames. But the 1.0.0 and 5.1.1 still get the same timings as the 4.0.x Java versions, while 1.0.1 has something broken for sure. Interesting for sure.

Last edited by paradoxical; 29th January 2013 at 15:12.