View Single Post
Old 16th July 2019, 16:27   #56876  |  Link
el Filou

I wish they'd continue introducing major changes only once per year, and half-year 'service' releases like they're doing this year, that way we can just update to the mid-year service release.
The problem is not really the changes, it's good to see advances in technology, it's that it looks like nobody is testing them before release, not even the hardware vendors & software devs.
The change to sound driver architecture in 1903 that huhn mentionned hasn't been talked about much before release (just a note 'Creative X-Fis don't work anymore lol' and no details from MS on their changes) even though it broke a lot of specialty sound hardware. The graphics vendors also seem to discover all the issues only after release.
At this point I just hope they're not gonna change BDA one day and break my TV tuners who are working just fine with drivers from 2009 even though the manufacturer doesn't exist anymore...
I never had problems until now but it's only because I upgrade to a new build after a few months, just before the next one is to be released really.
Preview is the new beta, and Release is the new Release Candidate.