View Single Post
Old 16th January 2013, 22:11   #16963  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6233638 View Post
That's true, but SSRC seems to do very well on these characteristics: http://src.infinitewave.ca/
It does reasonably well, I know. There's a reason I'm using SSRC for resampling in eac3to. However, it still does introduce ringing, there's no denying that. Whether it's audible or not is a different matter. I'm much better at seeing video artifacts than I'm at hearing audio artifacts.

Quote:
At least I've never had perfect playback even when my refresh has been 24.00008 and the content is 24fps native, for example.
Check back the last few posts about audio clock deviation. Getting a refresh of 24.00000 won't help if your audio clock deviates from your system clock (which it usually does). You should not aim for 24.00000, but for a different refresh rate, based on audio clock deviation.

Quote:
And if your sync is good enough that ReClock shouldn't have to do any work... then won't it not do any resampling?
I don't think it works that way. Either you enable the resampler or you disable it. I don't think you enable it for one audio block and then disable it for the next, depending on whether the sync is "good" or not. Resampling is based on a sliding window, so enabling/disabling isn't as simple as just turning it on/off. I believe if you allow Reclock to resample, it will *always* do so, regardless of how good the sync is.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote