View Single Post
Old 29th July 2008, 06:28   #70  |  Link
turbojet

--nal-hrd along with the aforementioned --key-int 24 is another thing that's not required to get a bluray compatible output via TSMuxer, I've tested this at a local store with 5 bluray players. From what I recall these settings were manadatory to get scenarist accepting the stream, but I could be wrong. I've never used the program, way beyond my budget. The sginifigant thing, and the main reason I'm mentioning it, is both these settings hurt effeciency, a combined 10-15% larger with CRF on tests I've done.

I know sharktooth has said he doesn't want to mix the console and bluray profiles, which is understandable. But the PS3-Xbox360 presets with --vbv-bufsize 30000 --vbv-maxrate 30000 are much more optimal for compatible blurays from TSMuxer then the current ones. They also should play in xbox360 with this small change, if what I've read on the internet about xbox360 supporting up to 30 MB\s video bitrate at 1080p is true, but I cannot test this to be sure. It very well could be a more 'one size fits all' profile, and the current bluray profiles could be named scenarist bluray or something to give the user a much more optimized bluray via tsmuxer profile, but very well could get a little confusing with 2 bluray type profiles. What do you think?

On the other hand megui doesn't output blurays so many users may just opt to use a program that does. I've noticed bluray output via tsmuxer in the feature requests on sourceforge for the past few months but no replies from developers on the matter.

PS: unforutnately --trellis 1 seems to be all but meaningless now with psyRDO builds. Without anyone compiling and posting psyRDO builds that support trellis 1 Is there any reason to still use it in the profiles?
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote