View Single Post
Old 1st December 2017, 17:15   #1484  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlock View Post
First, obligatory (IMO) appreciation as part of my first post: I love LameXP and have used it for years!
You are welcome!

Quote:
When converting from any MP3-format file, LameXP stops before decoding the MP3 with an error similar to this:
LameXP v4.16 (Build #2056), compiled on 2017-11-25 at 16:05:01

-------------------------------

The format of this file is NOT supported:
E:/<directory>/<filename>.mp3

Container Format: MPEG Audio
Audio Format: Type: MPEG Audio, Profile: Layer 3, Version: 1, Bitrate: ≈64 kbps (Variable)
128 kbps (constant) and 320 kbps (constant) files from other sources abort with the same error (indicating the relevant format in the error text).[INDENT]
Hello, is that really everything you can see in the log of the failed job?

I'm suspicious, because I can see no error there. Doesn't even look like it started doing anything

Quote:
As far as I can remember, the first version which used the "new" version of LAME did not abort MP3 decoding with that error, but more-recent versions of LameXP have presented that error upon MP3 decode.
I am pretty sure that this problem is not related to the LAME encoder, or the MPG123 decoder, since from you log it doesn't look like we ever got to the point where any of those would be invoked.

Instead, I suspect that it is somehow related to the recent MediaInfo changes. I will have to look into this ASAP... (but not tonight )

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 1st December 2017 at 17:20.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote