View Single Post
Old 22nd November 2012, 15:48   #15630  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper93 View Post
Are you sure? http://i.imgbox.com/ach7eJyU.png

We could add a note that it works with madVR too. FWIW. I have few ideas for cosmetic changes in mpc-hc, but I'm far from home and right now I can't make any patches ;p
Ooooh, I looked in the menu for an extra color control dialog. Never thought of looking in the main options dialog...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp2k11 View Post
I installed Win8 on my laptop a few days ago and since then I'm having trouble with MadVR in MPC-HC. Never hade any problems on Win7.

Playback starts but the screen is black and I hear audio. Sometimes the picture appears after I while or if I maximize/minimize the player a few times, maybe it's just a coincident. Some files are harder to get to play than others. MPC-HC with just EVR/CP and LAV filters on their own work fine...

My laptop has a Radeon HD6650M with Catalyst 12.10...

Suggestions?
Maybe I can say something if you upload a (zipped) log file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romulous View Post
This was something Blight asked me to post here a little while ago - he thinks it is a bug in madVR rather than Zoom Player. There were two slightly different ways to reproduce this - so I'm not sure if they are quite the same issue or not, so I've copied them both below.

#1:
a) make sure you are using madVR with FSE option enabled
B) start a video in fullscreen mode (madVR will be in exclusive mode)
c) right click anywhere on screen (this will force madVR in windowed mode)
d) left click anywhere on the video window but on the menu from now on you can do other stuff like showing different navigators and interact with them (even close them with a right click) and the popup menu will still be visible until you right click on a different place on the video window.

Just checked with v0.85.0, and this one is still an issue.

#2:
1. Ensure the 'Enable Automatic Fullscreen Exclusive Mode' option in madVR is enabled.
2. Open Zoom, open a video.
3. Fullscreen Zoom. Wait until madVR displays the 'exclusive' on the OSD, to indicate it is in exclusive mode.
4. Right click the Zoom window.
5. When the context menu displays, madVR is kicked out of exclusive mode.
6. Immediately exit out of fullscreen, back to windowed mode in Zoom.
7. The context menu is still displaying, and won't disappear until you close Zoom, even if you right click again.

Blight's comment for #2 was "MadVR is doing something weird, it's taking focus from the menu, but the context menu never receives a windows message saying it lost focus."
I'll put this on my list of things to look it. For now I'm more concerned about fixing all the new bugs with DXVA2 decoding and scaling first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blight View Post
The only thing missing to make MadVR perfect right now is image rotation for people who take videos on the side using their cell-phones.
My to do list has 3D rendering as the next big priority now. Maybe I can look at rotation afterwards...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
I personally believe that Adobe Photoshop's Brightness & Contrast methods are optimal for image quality.

Stepchart

Stepchart - Photoshop Brightness 50

Stepchart - Photoshop Brightness 100

Stepchart - Photoshop Contrast 50

Stepchart - Photoshop Contrast 100

Traditional brightness and contrast controls only belong on TV and Monitor displays IMHO, since only there can black level and peak luminance be set.
If someone desires an ability to clip/expand a video's levels significantly, options for that should probably be placed elsewhere in madVR if needed.
Though since I really don't see myself using this functionality, I'm okay with whatever madshi ultimately decides on.
You do have a point. Putting black & white level adjustments controls in the madVR device setup might make more sense because you can set them there per monitor. True brightness & contrast controls which don't change black nor white levels might be better choices for the media player color controls. I guess brightness could simply be changed by changing the gamma curve. For contrast I also have an algorithm which doesn't modify black & white level.

What do the others say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blight View Post
Small glitch:
When using the frame-capture (screenshot) feature, it seems a back-buffer is displayed with junk on screen for a split second.
The captured image is fine, this is only cosmetic.
Does this happen only under specific circumstances? Maybe only with DXVA2 decoding or DXVA2 scaling or something? I'm wondering because nobody reported this yet, so probably it only occurs when using the new madVR v0.85.0 features? Does it occur every time? Are we talking about taking screenshots while the video is playing? Or while the video is paused?
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote