View Single Post
Old 7th August 2011, 20:31   #362  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
Normally I would assume that the rear channels should be mixed into the stereo file at a lower volume than the front channels. But as I said, the result sounds pretty good to me even without specifying the volume (letting sox use an even scaling factor for each channel).
You are right. Giving the same weight to all channels probably isn't the optimal choice. Mixing the "center" input channel into the "left" and "right" output channels with the same weight as the the "right" or "left" input channels gives a bias towards "center". More correct would be 2/3 left + 1/3 center for the left channel and 2/3 right + 1/3 center for the right channel, I think. We can give that a try. Still the question is how much weight the back/side channels should get, compared to main (left/right) and center. I am open for suggestions here...

Quote:
BTW I cannot download the latest build from SourceForge ATM. Something is wrong with the links, it sends me into a loop.
I can confirm. Looks like a problem at SourceForge.net. The file was uploaded hours ago, but is only available from one single mirror ("Waix") at this time.

And even that mirror doesn't seems to work, it just redirects to the "Files" page. Anyway, you can use Auto-Update for now...

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 7th August 2011 at 20:35.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote