View Single Post
Old 17th July 2010, 13:13   #2  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid_Reign View Post
Why is DGMPGDec still available but DGAVCDec no longer available? I would assume to either see DGAVCDec left up for archival purposes, or DGMPGDec also taken down due to being superseded by DGDec.
DGAVCDec is not available because I am not happy with its functionality (broken PAFF support) and there is no prospect for it being fixed. It will be replaced by a new freeware solution in any case (see below).

Quote:
Is it "legal" to distribute or download the old DGAVCDec? If it is, is there a 64-bit binary of the old DGAVCDec available anywhere?
I am the author and copyright holder and I do not now offer any license for its use, so it should not be distributed. There is no 64-bit version. I am working on a freeware solution that uses DiAVC.

Quote:
Are the new DGIndex tools no longer FOSS? If they're not, why are there ZIP files provided on neuron2 before buying a license, and why does MeGUI AutoUpdate download those binaries?
DGDecNV is not open source and requires a license. The download page clearly states that a license is required. Regarding what MEGUI does, downloading a tool is not the same as invoking it. I suppose it is done for the convenience of licensed users.

Quote:
What are libmmd.dll and nvcuvid.dll, and should I have them already if I have the latest nVidia drivers installed or are they exclusive to the licensed version of DGIndex?
You do not have to install any additional DLLs; everything you need is part of your normal Nvidia driver installation.

There are alternatives to the functionality provided by DGAVCDec, e.g., FFMpegSource, DSS(), etc., if you are unable/unwilling to license DGDecNV.

Last edited by Guest; 17th July 2010 at 13:47.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote