Thread: DGAVCDec 1.0.9
View Single Post
Old 22nd November 2007, 00:28   #607  |  Link

Version 1.0.0 alpha 10

* Lots of GUI bugs and crashing bugs fixed.

* New info window field: max bitrate seen.

* Major code cleanup and purging of DGIndex leftovers. Conversion to exclusive C++ compilation.

http://neuron2.net/dgavcdec/dgavcdec100a10.zip

Please delete your INI file before running this, or replace it with the one in the zip file.

Note that the previous message box popup for forcing the IVTC'ed frame rate is now replaced by Force Film in the Video menu. I have not yet implemented decimation of non-film sections, so for now this will not work on hybrid video.

With the disappearance of a lot of menu options, some explanation is in order. It is really very hard to integrate the container parsers with the stream buffering, NALU parsing, and parallel parsing and keep everything working right. For DGMPGDec, it is a nightmare that I still lose sleep over. I'm not sure I even fully understand how it works and if it is provably correct. I do know of several low-probability cases that can cause explosions. Yes, it's low probability but with enough uses, it's going to happen to someone. The code base is also very hard to modify and enhance.

So I am taking a new tack with DGAVCDec. I want to keep it simple and provably correct. So my plan is that cutting, demuxing, container verification and repair, etc., will be done by separate tools. DGAVCDec will be for serving video only. There are existing tools for these things but I plan to make my own and make them available via the Tools menu. This approach will allow me to keep my sanity as well as to continue moving forward despite my limited time for coding these days. I don't need another massive nightmare on my hands!

Probably, then, the [ and ] arrow keys will simply allow for cutting out portions of your AVC raw stream. Yes, you can use Trim() in your script, but it's more convenient this way and it's useful sometimes to generate a cut AVS raw stream as well.