PDA

View Full Version : Does not support single files > 4GB

Janset
12th September 2005, 05:02
Hi all.

I have just downloaded and installed DVD Decrypt 3.5.4.0 .

At the end of the installation I was asked if I wanted to run the program, I did just to see what it looked like.

Up came (what I think may have been the log file) as it listed off times and what actions had been performed, then there was a "yellow Exclamation symbol", and next to it was the message:

" Does not support single files > 4GB"

(I did not have a disk inserted in my LG dual layer burner, it was empty!)

What does this mean? Do I have to install something else or make some setting changes to over come this error?

All help appreciated as I am new to this program.

Regards :confused:

CWR03
12th September 2005, 05:42
It all depends on what you plan to do with the decrypted files.

The message was pertaining to your hard drive(s) being FAT32, which does not support a single file larger than 4GB. If you're simply copying a DVD and need file mode, this won't be a problem. If you're using AutoGK you will run into problems since it allows only one .vob file, and they commonly exceed 4GB.

Janset
12th September 2005, 08:46
Hi CWR03.

Thank you for your quick reply. Yes I would be copying a DVD. My OS is Win XP Pro and is NTFS, so I do not really understand.

Also what is AutoGK?

Regards

setarip_old
12th September 2005, 11:03
My OS is Win XP Pro and is NTFS, so I do not really understand.

Apparently, whichever drive DVD Decrypter was reading is a FAT32 (and not NTFS) format drive...

Janset
13th September 2005, 01:36
Hi there.

I think you are right as my slave drive is FAT32. I tried a dummy run after I deleted the log file and this time all went well.

Just as a point, DVD Shrink also decodes before shrinking, does DVD Decrypt do any better job at it, or are they much the same?

My thought at the moment are, if I want to copy to a dual layer disc then use DVD Decript otherwise use DVD Shrink. Any views on this?

Regards :thanks:

setarip_old
13th September 2005, 02:26
DVD Shrink also decodes before shrinking, does DVD Decrypt do any better job at it

Yes, DVD Decrypter is better at decrypting and can also decrypt more types of copy protection than can DVD Shrink

if I want to copy to a dual layer disc then use DVD Decript otherwise use DVD Shrink.

Yes, for copying to D/L media there's no need for DVD Shrink. Use DVD Decrypter in "ISO mode" to "Read .ISO" (Decrypt and write to hard drive) and then "Write .ISO" (Burn) - Select the ".MDS" file (Provides proper information needed for placement of layer break, among other things).

You can use DVD Shrink alone, for copying to single layer media. If you come across a DVD that DVD Shrink cannot "rip" (decrypt), try using DVD Decrypter v.3.54 to "rip" the DVD to your hard drive in "File" mode - and from the "Edit" dropdown menu, select "All files" (NOT "movie files").

Then use DVD Shrink v.3.2xxx to "Open files" (NOT "Open Disk").

This is specifically NECESSARY if you are dealing with a DVD that has "ARccOS" copy protection...

Janset
13th September 2005, 06:15
Hi there.

A very good response .Thank you.

I will make a hard copy of your reply for future reference as I may not remember the sequences and what modes to use some time down the track.

Regards :thanks:

setarip_old
13th September 2005, 06:45
A very good response .Thank you.

My pleasure ;>}