PDA

View Full Version : New beSweet encoding plugin poll

dimzon
9th September 2005, 13:54
Hi!
Seems like I can create AAC+v2 encoding plugin with MP4 output using CT reference encoder (http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=7107).

Does anybody compared them with WinAmp one? Does You need this encoder?

Doom9
9th September 2005, 23:02
does it do multichannel HE AAC? there's a free alternative to LC encoding with your faac plugin now, and 2ch HE with your winamp plugin but there's no multichannel HE solution yet.

Teegedeck
11th September 2005, 16:13
Oh, definitely do I need this, and right now!!! :D

Seriously, I felt forced to revert to keeping the AC3 tracks for multichannel because of the artefacts of Nero's HE AAC. If my memory serves me right, Nero's first HE AAC releases were higher bitrate but less problem-ridden.

IgorC
11th September 2005, 23:41
I defeneatly like this db HE-AAC v2 3GP. Comparing to winamp he-aac2 , I still prefer db one.

Doom9
12th September 2005, 11:31
I felt forced to revert to keeping the AC3 tracks for multichannel because of the artefacts of Nero's HE AAC.So you're saying this encoder does multichannel? I didn't see it mentioned anywhere.

dimzon
12th September 2005, 12:41
So you're saying this encoder does multichannel? I didn't see it mentioned anywhere.
#define MAX_CHANNELS 2

:devil:

Teegedeck
12th September 2005, 13:08
So you're saying this encoder does multichannel? I didn't see it mentioned anywhere.
I guess it does: "aacPlus delivers streaming and downloadable 5.1 multichannel audio at 128 kbps"
from here (http://www.codingtechnologies.com/products/aacPlus.htm).

Doom9
12th September 2005, 13:22
so the one they sell supports it.. what about the one we're talking about here? dimzon's code extract doesn't exactly inspire me with confidence.

Rockaria
12th September 2005, 20:56
Features
• True Superset architecture
• Multichannel support for 5.1, 7.1 and beyond (48 channels total)
• Built-in error concealment for mobile applications
• CD-quality stereo down to 48 kbps
• Near CD-quality stereo at 32 kbps
• Excellent quality stereo down to 24 kbps
• Widest available audio bandwdith
• Optimized speech, mixed speech/music down to 8 kbps mono
• Compliant with ISO/IEC 14496-3, incl. Amd.1:2003, Amd.2:2004, and all corrigenda
I have been wondering this too.
But finally as a proof, check the id3v2 of winamp 5.1 he-aac(5.1 aac plus v2 by ct) bundle kaje_-_hey_buddy_aacPlus_surround.aac.(dbPowerAmp version idtag tool shows the full tags)
Winamp does not support multi channel encoding with this codec(I guess it is tuned mainly for cd 2ch ripping)

Maybe a precise checking of the interfaces of the open source and library is needed?