PDA

View Full Version : Xvid capture problems

kotton
16th August 2005, 10:18
i've been trying to find a good capture program for my Dvico FusionHDTV-Plus card to capture from the Analogue input that i run my cable into. the best results as far as quality go have been from WinVDR. the only thing is that it causes my system to reboot after several minutes of recording (45 minutes is the longest it's gone) i like it because it caputes to Xvid at a great quality, better than any other program i've found. I was wondering if anyone can offer any advice as to why it is making my computer reboot?
i have just reformatted and installed Xvid and DivX 6.0 codecs, as well as the latest Fusion HDTV software and codecs.

AMD 2400+
768MB Ram
Geforce Ti 4400
Dvico DVB-t Plus
Windows XP SP2

AVIL
16th August 2005, 11:08
Hi,

I don't know any about winVDR, but if you know more about the cause of the reboot of Windows XP you can precise more the solution. You can disable the automatic reboot on the system propierties windows (windows key + pause). On the sub-windows "Advanced options/boot and debugging/configuration" (i hope my traduction from castillian to be correct) you must un-check "reboot automatically". After that windows no more reboot and you can read the error message.

Good luck

mic
16th August 2005, 20:19
As AVIL suggested, it's easier if you know more about what's causing prob.

General *guesses*, things you might check that I can think of:
1) Check processes page of task mgr to to see if something is periodically active during capture.
2) Try backing off ram settings or optimizations in bios.
3) Make sure you've not locked network access with firewall app... Check attempts to connect during capture.
4) V/Dub site had a piece a while back related to the Borland compiler, & how that might impact video software.

Please note -- these are only guesses that might give some ideas.