PDA

View Full Version : problem muxing .sst and .sup using "Muxman"

hacbao
8th August 2005, 23:44
I use "muxman" to author a DVD with 2 subtitle files, .sst and .sup
After I create the IFO file and burn the movie out on DVD using Nero.
No subtitle is found.

please help me to mux the subtitle file correctly using MUXMAN.
thanks.

Mirx
9th August 2005, 09:09
There must be an error in the program that generates the .sst file and the according .bmp files (or the way the .sst is generated and Muxman can't handle it). For MaestroBST this was fixed in Muxman 0.14d

Export the project to a .mxp file, and check you color references, and adjust accordingly.

If you used MaestroBST to generate your bmp's you must do the following:

The MaestroSBT generated .sst is mapped in the following manner:

Primary text color --> 1 with a contrast value of 15, which means it’s solid
Anti-alias / Secondary text color --> 2 with a contrast value of 15, which means it’s solid
Outline / Tertiary text color --> 3 with a contrast value of 15, which means it’s solid
Background --> 1 with a contrast value of 0, which means it’s fully transparent. So it doesn’t show.

The VobEdit ripped .sup files are mapped in the following manner:

Primary text color --> 2 with a contrast value of 15, which means it’s solid
Anti-alias / Secondary text color --> 1 with a contrast value of 15, which means it’s solid
Outline / Tertiary text color --> 3 with a contrast value of 15, which means it’s solid
Background --> 1 with a contrast value of 0, which means it’s fully transparent. So it doesn’t show.

So we need to correct this in our .sst file, because we can’t alter the .sup files.

Open your .sst in Notepad. Look up the following line:

SP_NUMBER START END FILE_NAME
Color (3 2 1 1)

Change that into:

SP_NUMBER START END FILE_NAME
Color (6 4 5 4)

Note: If you fail to do this step, you are not able to use the anti-aliasing feature.
Note: You could use 3 1 2 1, but then your added subtitle stream and your original subtitle stream always have to be the same color. This way the subtitle tracks have different CLUT mappings, and you can keep the English subs yellow, and the added subtitles white.
Otherwise the subtitles are all yellow OR all white.

Also, we need to change the subtitle directory in the .sst file.
Look for “Directory .” and change the “.” to the directory name.
The line should look like: “Directory C:\subs”.

Just save your .sst.

If you need help with the MaestroBST setting, just PM me your e-mail, I'll sent a section of a guide I'm working on to you. Will tell you everything you need to know. Besides, MaestroBST generates the best looking .bmp files IMHO.