PDA

View Full Version : Using AviSynth to reduce audio size

Sako73
2nd August 2005, 05:50
I have a .avi video file (imported from my video camera). I have it opened via AviSynth script in VirtualDubMod. I try to output it as a DivX 5.1 compressed video clip (.avi), but the audo is gigantic. Is there a way to use AviSynth to reduce the audio size (I understand that the quality will also suffer). Currently, I am using KillAudio to remove it completely, but that isn't what I am ultimately after. Any other suggestions to improve the script would also be appreciated.

Thanks.

My current script is:

AVISource("C:\DVD_Work\Video-20050731-172025.avi")
Bob
SelectOdd
KillAudio
trim(655, 12352) + trim(13768, 14075) + trim(14718, 15077) + trim(16477, 17030) + trim(17977, 18750)

lark
2nd August 2005, 06:12
why don't you just process (transcode) the audio in virtualdub as well (for easy solution)? another option (that i use) is to process the audio separately e.g. with besweet and then mux into the video with vd.

regards
t :)

Sako73
2nd August 2005, 06:19
why don't you just process (transcode) the audio in virtualdub as well (for easy solution)?

Embarrassingly, because I don't know how. :o

another option (that i use) is to process the audio separately e.g. with besweet and then mux into the video with vd.

regards

ok. I may try that.

Thanks for your help.

lark
2nd August 2005, 07:47
Embarrassingly, because I don't know how.
no problem, just select full processing instead of direct stream copy for the audio (in the audio menu). then you need to select the format (codec) that you want to use. <please note, i was talking about virtualdub, not virtualdubmod.>

but i'm pretty sure that besweet (or belight for simplicity) will give you better results.

regards