PDA

View Full Version : higher resolution with Pinnacle PCTV Stereo

viviz
30th June 2005, 22:25
Hi, I have a Pinnacle PCTV Stereo and I'd like to use it to capture video (from a camera) and analyse it (frame by frame). I already have the programme to do it, and it does work fine (it uses the WDM driver). However, I can only capture frames at 320x240.
I also tryed other programmes (like Movie maker, I think) and it also accepts 320x240 only.
On the other hand, when I use PCTV Vision (the software that comes with the card) it allows me to capture at much higher resolutions.

Is this a limitation of the PCTV Stereo card? Does the PCTV Vision get the other resolutions by soft? Or is there any kind of driver problem?
I will appreciate any help with this,
Viviana

Platone
13th July 2005, 13:20
You can try to use Virtualdub 1.6.9, with the WDM driver for the acquisition, instead of the VfW interface. Using that modality you can acquire frames up to 720x576.
Pay attention that you have not so much lines of scan... there is interlacing between frames. Generally, you can acquire at a lower dimension and you have all the information that you need, without redundancy.

Bye

Franz

zilog jones
20th July 2005, 19:54
I have this capture card. I never bothered using the lame software that came with it, but I have no prob's capturing at 704x576 and 704x480 for NTSC with VirtualVCR and VirtualDub.

viviz
25th July 2005, 19:40
Thank you for your answers. I kind of solved my problem changing the camera I was using. Now the WDM property page allows me to chose between many resolutions.

However, I still wonder why the other camera works fine in high resolution with the PCTV Vision, but only in 320x240 with my program.
Anyway, I'll try Virtualdub, and see how does it work.