PDA

View Full Version : Analog capture with time stamp

abyss
30th June 2005, 11:50
Can anybody suggest a video capture software which could put date and time stamp onto captured video. Or maybe there is VirtualVCR time stamp filter which could do this job? I used iuVCR for this purpose but it works very unstable.

JeremyIrons
5th July 2005, 21:05
Do you want the timestamp to show up on the video frames as it it is being captured and previewed? If so there are some hardware boxes that will merge their video stream with the VCR analog video prior to capture that will print the time in the video stream for display in the lower left hand corner of the video. On the other hand if you want a time stamp to reside in the captured digital stream itself, that might be more of an issue. It can be done. However, it sounds like a development exercise.

olnima
8th July 2005, 10:30
iuVCR comes with a timestamp-Filter but I don't know how good it is. Did You try that one maybe with different Software?

Olnima

P.S.: Just read that you allready use iuVCR...

abyss
13th July 2005, 15:13
JeremyIrons and olnima, thank you for your suggestions. Hardware box is too expensive to us, I found some but they cost about 1000$. Do you know any cheaper one? I tried iuVCR time stamp filter in other programs but it didn't worked to me - no stamp is put over video. Don't know why... I've found an excellent program Timecode Frame Generator by 2writers.com, which generates time stamp video file of predefined type, size, font, color, time and date format and length. That file with Avisynth I can overlay with the captured video and get what I need. Of course, hardware solution would be the best, I would appreciate a lot if you could suggest any not so expensive.