PDA

View Full Version : MeGUI - x264/XviD/lavc/Snow encoder with MP4/MKV/AVI output & audio

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

sillKotscha
19th January 2006, 01:09
Required tools:

[...]

For XviD, lavc, Snow and x264 encoding (alternative to x264 CLI)
latest version of mencoder (http://www.aziendeassociate.it/cd.asp?dir=/mplayer) (it's part of the mplayer package, pick the version that best matches your CPU

[...]

does anyone of you ever used one of these Mencoder (http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer-win32.php) compiles? For example there is a special precompiled Mencoder binary - XviD 1.1.0 - x264 svn...

I'm going to test it but not tonight :)

klicker4546
27th January 2006, 15:36
Hello everybody,

Somewhere in the forum I had recently seen a thread with detailed information regarding how to build mplayer/mencoder for win32 with cygwin or mingw. Does anybody know where I can find that specific thread?

nexus
1st March 2006, 21:50
I think I found a bug in megui. I stupidly postet in the x264-thread (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=792764#post792764).

cc979
23rd March 2006, 18:28
been thinking about getting back into programming(i did program assembly language mostly 6502 and 68000 long time ago) - i can follow c# code to a degree - but can anybody recommend any c# books (free ebooks or whatever) - and i will try some debugging and that if i can

Infirmus
4th April 2006, 07:57
Just wanted to say thanks to the developers of meGUI (esp Doom9) and also the developers of the tools it uses (x264, avisynth, etc).

I used it for the first time a few days ago and I was impressed.

stholt
5th April 2006, 20:18
I am trying to use MeGUI, but I can't seem to get it to work. I have all the tools setup and pointed to properly, I start the program up and set it up to encode 3 pass x264, but it's not working. Here's a copy/paste of the logfile:

Starting job job3-1 at 3:12:14 PM
Job is a video job. encoder commandline:
--pass 1 --bitrate 700 --stats "C:\2004_BIG_O_V_1_8_SCN\VIDEO_TS\bogO1.stats" --subme 1 --analyse none --me dia --threads 2 --thread-input --progress --output NUL "C:\2004_BIG_O_V_1_8_SCN\VIDEO_TS\BigO_1.avs"
successfully started encoding
Processing ended at 3:12:15 PM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Log for job job3-1

unknown option ( )

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
job job3-1 has been processed. This job is linked to the next job: job3-2
Starting job job3-2 at 3:12:15 PM
--pass 3 --bitrate 700 --stats "C:\2004_BIG_O_V_1_8_SCN\VIDEO_TS\bogO1.stats" --analyse p8x8,b8x8,i4x4 --threads 2 --thread-input --progress --output "C:\2004_BIG_O_V_1_8_SCN\VIDEO_TS\BigO_1.mp4" "C:\2004_BIG_O_V_1_8_SCN\VIDEO_TS\BigO_1.avs"
Processing ended at 3:12:15 PM

Log for job job3-2

unknown option ( )

job job3-2 has been processed. This job is linked to the next job: job3-3
Starting job job3-3 at 3:12:15 PM
--pass 3 --bitrate 700 --stats "C:\2004_BIG_O_V_1_8_SCN\VIDEO_TS\bogO1.stats" --analyse p8x8,b8x8,i4x4 --threads 2 --thread-input --progress --output "C:\2004_BIG_O_V_1_8_SCN\VIDEO_TS\BigO_1.mp4" "C:\2004_BIG_O_V_1_8_SCN\VIDEO_TS\BigO_1.avs"
Processing ended at 3:12:16 PM

Log for job job3-3

unknown option ( )

Anyone know what's going on?

Doom9
5th April 2006, 22:14
well.. you really should use the more up-to-date threads.. digging up old stuff is bad etiquette and just clutters up the forum.
My guess is your x264 build doesn't support the --thread-input option

chipzoller
5th April 2006, 22:17
Doom9,

Which thread should we use?

modsoul
20th May 2006, 08:54
i have a question. megui i can't encode using 2 passes when using a quantizer but real anime allows this. is this possible is megui ?
if so please tell me how to do it.
thank you

berrinam
20th May 2006, 08:58
There's not much point in doing a 2pass quantizer encode since there's no bitrate target that needs to be met with a quantizer encode, so x264 will get it right the first time. Anyway, if you are very picky about it, then you can do a first pass with a constant quantizer, get the bitrate of the file from the log, and then do a 2pass encode with that new bitrate, but seriously, why?

modsoul
20th May 2006, 09:05
There's not much point in doing a 2pass quantizer encode since there's no bitrate target that needs to be met with a quantizer encode, so x264 will get it right the first time. Anyway, if you are very picky about it, then you can do a first pass with a constant quantizer, get the bitrate of the file from the log, and then do a 2pass encode with that new bitrate, but seriously, why?
oh sorry. then i thought 2 pass would increase the quality a bit. i encoded a video at a 32 quantizer and the file size can out reall good. but the issue was the video was 640x480 and when i watched it full screen i saw a lot of blockyness. i thought 2 pass would make that better.

will it?

berrinam
20th May 2006, 09:17
oh sorry. then i thought 2 pass would increase the quality a bit. i encoded a video at a 32 quantizer and the file size can out reall good. but the issue was the video was 640x480 and when i watched it full screen i saw a lot of blockyness. i thought 2 pass would make that better.

will it?
Yes and no. Doing a second pass after a constant quantizer encode will pretty much not add anything, because it won't have a a proper first pass. However, a 2pass encode to the same filesize will look better, because 2pass is simply a better algorithm. You should never really use constant quant, because constant quality mode is better.

Nevertheless, 32 quantizer is always going to be bad. You should experiment with values between 18 and 26.

modsoul
20th May 2006, 09:34
Yes and no. Doing a second pass after a constant quantizer encode will pretty much not add anything, because it won't have a a proper first pass. However, a 2pass encode to the same filesize will look better, because 2pass is simply a better algorithm. You should never really use constant quant, because constant quality mode is better.

Nevertheless, 32 quantizer is always going to be bad. You should experiment with values between 18 and 26.

i tried 25. but that came out even worse. and when i checked the bitrate (while playing under media player classic) it was 30-40 Kbps.

is that right i thought lower quantizer was better. ?

stax76
20th May 2006, 09:43
IIRC at crf 20 filesize can get as big as XviD at q3, IMHO a big waste. I'm always using crf 22 which gets 30-40% smaller than 20.

foxyshadis
20th May 2006, 10:02
i tried 25. but that came out even worse. and when i checked the bitrate (while playing under media player classic) it was 30-40 Kbps.

is that right i thought lower quantizer was better. ?
I think you forgot to switch it back to constant quantizer/quality mode. It sure sounds like bitrate mode was engaged.

M.H.A.Q.S.
31st May 2006, 10:30
OK, I waited exactly five days to post... :P. I wanted the MeGUI x264 compile and source code only. All previous links in other threads appear to be dead and I could not find anything. I did take look at x264 GUI but its in VB.NET and does not really serve the purpose.

Can I have a link to MeGUI x264 build part only with source code. I really want to work on it.

Sharktooth
31st May 2006, 10:32
MeGUI-x264 was dropped.
please refer to the sticky thread (on top of this board) for MeGUI (full version) bins and sources.
very latest binaries of megui can be found on http://x264.nl in the GUI section.

M.H.A.Q.S.
31st May 2006, 10:41
hmm, I suspected that. But is there a way I can get an older source and build?

Sharktooth
31st May 2006, 10:45
i really dont know. i do not mantain older sources but you can ask the other megui devs if they still have archived the latest megui-x264.

dimzon
31st May 2006, 10:46
hmm, I suspected that. But is there a way I can get an older source and build?

via CVS

btw. Why do not use MeGUI full?

M.H.A.Q.S.
31st May 2006, 10:52
[dimzon]
The reason is, I am only interested in the development of a GUI for the x264. I am trying to give an example to some students who are currently studying h.264 and some programming stuff about it. The full MeGUI program is way huge for them to cope with right now. I was looking at x264gui too, but its in VB.NET. I can go through the pain of giving them that example with VB.NET but why not use something that is already done.

[Sharktooth]
Should I PM doom9?

dimzon
31st May 2006, 10:58
[dimzon]
The reason is, I am only interested in the development of a GUI for the x264.
You can concentrate at x264 part only and do not touch anything other. MeGUI is good-enought structured...

M.H.A.Q.S.
31st May 2006, 11:00
yeah, I just came to think of that too. :).

Sharktooth
31st May 2006, 11:07
as dimzon said if you have some knowledge of CVS you can get the old sources from there.
otherwise you can ask in the megui dev thread.

M.H.A.Q.S.
31st May 2006, 11:31
I have already done the CVS thing. I will ask this in the dev thread though.

Doom9
31st May 2006, 12:14
megui x264 was never more than conditional compilation of the whole megui.. so it's not something you can take as a start point.. it is megui just with a lot of conditional flags. And since there's CVS, you can extract whichever revision fits your needs.. the changelog will tell you when conditional compilation was removed so you'll want the latest sources before that date.. but as I said.. it's really of no use because it is megui with in fact more code than is really necessary to cover all the features.

M.H.A.Q.S.
31st May 2006, 12:21
right, thanks for the information Doom9. I understand the fact now.

Dark Eiri
1st June 2006, 03:06
I'm new to MeGUI, and I love it, but all my videos are converted to 23.976 fps (this includes HD 60fps files) and it's VERY annoying since the video loses a lot of "flow" motion. Can someone tell me how to fix this issue?

I use x264 encoding, with Sharktooth HQ-Insane profile.

Adub
1st June 2006, 04:39
if you are using DGindex, make sure that you are not using force film mode when decoding.

Dark Eiri
1st June 2006, 21:10
if you are using DGindex, make sure that you are not using force film mode when decoding.

I use the AviSynth Script Maker inside MeGUI, and it uses DGIndex automatically.

jellysandwich
1st June 2006, 21:21
I use the AviSynth Script Maker inside MeGUI, and it uses DGIndex automatically.

You can turn off the "auto force film" setting.

js

Dark Eiri
1st June 2006, 23:41
You can turn off the "auto force film" setting.

js

Thanks! It's working fine now ^^
:thanks:

berrinam
2nd June 2006, 01:13
Auto Force Film should only apply on film content anyway, which is supposed to be at 24 fps. If your source was indeed film, then you shouldn't have lost any motion fluidity, and if it wasn't, then there's a bug. Can you run your source 60fps through MeGUI's source detection in the AviSynth script creator and tell me what it says?

junglemike
11th June 2006, 12:44
Hello. I have some small problem w/ Megui, that i can't figure how to solve yet. The problem is that outupt x.264 mp4 files have wrong apsect ratio. I use HQ-Slow preset, and i pressed "config" and veryfied that in Aspect ratio there is 1:1. Despite that , when i try to encode anything - there is --sar 3:4 option in the log. I tried to reinstall anything - doesnt' help.
What do i do?
The most strangest thing is that on another computer i have exactly same build 0.2.3.2116 and it works fine,.

berrinam
11th June 2006, 13:41
Update to the latest version of MeGUI, which handles AR better. It's 0.2.3.2165 and you can get it from http://x264.nl

junglemike
11th June 2006, 15:10
Thanks berrinam, it solved the problem of aspect ratio. I downloaded latest version and then run update to everything it proposed.
HOWEVER, i compared command line params in Megui in this new build (0.2.3.2165) and older bulid that is on another computer (which was working fine)and comand options looks completely different, I don't understand what's going on. I also tried to compare HQ-Slow profiles, and in new Megui there are lessopions, for example, "Reference frames" completely gone. Why?
Old command line:
--pass 2 --bitrate 106 --stats "H:\sample2--default.stats" --ref 3 --bframes 3 --b-pyramid --weightb --filter -2,-1 --subme 6 --trellis 1 --analyse all --8x8dct --direct auto --me umh --progress --no-psnr --output "H:\200_slow.mp4" "H:\sample2--default.avs"
New command line:
--pass 2 --bitrate 322 --stats "D:\Source\sample2--default.stats" --ref 5 --mixed-refs --bframes 16 --b-pyramid --b-rdo --bime --weightb --direct auto --subme 6 --trellis 1 --analyse all --8x8dct --me umh --progress --no-psnr --output "D:\Source\sample2--default.mp4" "D:\Source\sample2--default.avs"
Can you please explain?
I've read in the DeadSheeps "x264 options explained" and he says that Reference Frames is important option, Why is it gone?

Doom9
11th June 2006, 16:17
Actually, looking at the latest profile, I think you switched the commandlines because your first commandline matches what I get from the latest profile. And that commandline is just what's in the profile. The filter settings are definitely there, and the profile contains no bidirectional me, no rdo for b-frames and no mixed references.

So clearly you're looking at two profiles with the same name but different settings.

nurbs
11th June 2006, 16:17
--pass 2 --bitrate 322 --stats "D:\Source\sample2--default.stats" --ref 5 --mixed-refs --bframes 16 --b-pyramid --b-rdo --bime --weightb --direct auto --subme 6 --trellis 1 --analyse all --8x8dct --me umh --progress --no-psnr --output "D:\Source\sample2--default.mp4" "D:\Source\sample2--default.avs"

Reference frames are still there as you can see. You can change the number in the Advanced-tab -> Quant Options -> Number of Reference Frames

junglemike
11th June 2006, 16:51
You are right, It was my local problem. I cleared the queues, did encode with hq_slow profile on both machines again, and they are same.
Sorry and thanks for help. Megui is great program!

junglemike
12th June 2006, 12:01
OK guys, another questo, if I may.
First, i discovered that i can actually add jobs while Megui is working - this is wonderful feature, something i can't do in virtualdub. BUT, after a computer crash the queue is empty. Absolutely notheing survives, Is there any way i can make it save a queue somehow so it will survive pc crash (power failure)?
TIA.

berrinam
12th June 2006, 12:16
OK guys, another questo, if I may.
First, i discovered that i can actually add jobs while Megui is working - this is wonderful feature, something i can't do in virtualdub. BUT, after a computer crash the queue is empty. Absolutely notheing survives, Is there any way i can make it save a queue somehow so it will survive pc crash (power failure)?
TIA.Many people have asked for this, so I'll do it soon. I don't imagine it could be too hard.

junglemike
12th June 2006, 12:21
Thanks. Will be waiting.
Keep up the good work.

Doom9
12th June 2006, 12:28
Many people have asked for thisMe has serious doubts that people with problems like that are up to video encoding. You don't just accidentally trip and unplug over a wire.. it takes a certain amount of disorganization to put your wires in a place where you can trip over them. And if you connect your powersaw to a standard 220V plug and trip the surge protector.. you should need a basic course on electronics.

If you have faulty wiring, have an electrician rewire your house (bad wiring is dangeours anyway). If you live in California or other places where the power companies can't keep up with demand, get a UPS with a big battery.

And if your computer crashes... fix any hardware problem you might be having, then properly install your OS.. PCs are supposed to run crash free these days. My home computer crashes approximately 1 time a year if the hardware is properly working.

check
12th June 2006, 12:53
Sometimes I get the "windows needs to reboot after installing updates" message and since you can't get rid of it, I end up eventually accidentally clicking the wrong button. There are zillions of other problems that could go wrong.

How making meGUI save the queue to a backup location at the beginning of every encode? Normally on shutdown it would delete this location automatically, but they would remain if the program crashed. Then if it starts up and detects jobs stored in this backup location, it will ask the user if they want to restore them (very important not to unilaterally do it imo)

Alizar
13th June 2006, 03:25
Is there any way to toggle the xvid encoder in MEGui? It seems to default to xvid_encraw, and thus far the only thing I can get it to do is crash intermittently while trying to encode xvid content.

I seem to recall much better luck with mencoder.

berrinam
13th June 2006, 06:08
Is there any way to toggle the xvid encoder in MEGui? It seems to default to xvid_encraw, and thus far the only thing I can get it to do is crash intermittently while trying to encode xvid content.

I seem to recall much better luck with mencoder.
It only supports xvid_encraw. It works fine for me, so can you post the specific bugs please?

Alizar
13th June 2006, 08:22
It only supports xvid_encraw. It works fine for me, so can you post the specific bugs please?

Essentially, when I try to encode an .avs (only plugin called is textsub), it may or may not work. I then experience intermittent hangs, which will lock MEGui and the encode, also resulting in my jobs and any changes not being saved.

If I could get it to produce any logs, I'd post them, but the crash nukes all of those.

The MEGui in question is 0.2.3.2166 and xvid_encraw 1.2.0

futurex
16th June 2006, 13:47
i have a question, is it possible to do 2 pass encoding with nero aac in meGUI? i thought ABR was 2 pass, but i noticed the time it took to encode was about the same for a CBR encode. also a lot shorter than the time taken to encode the same file, 2 pass, with SNG

Doom9
16th June 2006, 19:43
[quote]is it possible to do 2 pass encoding with nero aac in meGUI [quote]No. iirc any frameserving solution is currently restricted to one pass encoding

futurex
16th June 2006, 22:00
i see, thanks :)

Sharktooth
17th June 2006, 04:09
It's possible to implement it with an intermediate wav file but it will become HUGE and at that point a routine for checking disk space will be necessary.
However you can encode the audio in 2 passes with SNG and then feed it to megui muxer.

futurex
17th June 2006, 04:43
thanks sharktooth, but i thought SNG doesn't work with nero aac 1.0.0.2? that's the only reason i asked about audio encoding with meGUI :-)

cc979
17th June 2006, 11:36
@Sharktooth could you do 2pass with a dummy first output maybe ?

buzzqw
17th June 2006, 13:37
@cc979

now is not possible, neroaacenc doesn't write a "1 pass stats" file... with a dummy output as xivd/x264...

BHH

Sharktooth
19th June 2006, 13:52
thanks sharktooth, but i thought SNG doesn't work with nero aac 1.0.0.2? that's the only reason i asked about audio encoding with meGUI :-)
it works

futurex
20th June 2006, 01:08
thanks for confirming that sharktooth :thanks:

Dixxhead
25th June 2006, 01:01
Hello guys...

Well, I've been playing around with x264 for a while now, mainly because of use for the PMP AVC MOD by jonny and magik (great job guys!!!)...
Although I can just encode it fine with the commandline I liked to get a more "confortable" tool to work with. And here I found this very neat tool right here....

Anyways, let's get to the point: I've pretty much tried everything by now, I played around with all of the options and whatnot but just can't seem to get a PMP Mod compatible stream... (I am using the pmp-compat-modified x264.exe)
First I couldn't mux the stream at all with the PMPMuxer, which is clear, since I missed some commands in the commandline. So I inserted them in Megui and I could mux.
However, with the finished pmp I get a decoding error (avc_get: ...*don't remember* error)...

So, now to the curious part: I copied the whole commandline I had in MeGui (F:\Videoencoding\megui\tools\x264\x264.exe --bitrate 768 --level 3 --analyse p8x8,b8x8,i4x4,p4x4 --progress --no-psnr --output "F:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Dixxhead\Eigene Dateien\PSP\Videos\Temp\doatest.264" "F:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Dixxhead\Eigene Dateien\PSP\Videos\Temp\doatest.avs" -A all --level 3 --pictiming --aud --no-psnr --thread-input --progress ) [I know, it's pretty messed up :p ] and ran it with the command prompt; and look at this, I get a fully compatible PMP stream which runs like a charm, but I'm back to point zero, no automated 2pass encoding and jobs queue...

So... I read that Megui ignores custom commands, but I think I can eliminate that errorsource since if it would, I wouldn't be able to mux the stream in the first place.
That's where I need you'r help guys, please help a poor nOOb getting this done :o

If it helps:
My system:
p4 3.00ghz
1,5gb ram
win xp sp 2
x264 modified for PMP compatibility
newest megui.

Thanks for the help in advance... ;)

Edit: OKKKKK.... Lol, guys, IGNORE this post, just 10 minutes after posting I found the solution... I simply deactiveted the "Automatically set number of threads" option under settings and it works like a charm... Sorry again for inconvenience, I'll try and encode Final Fantasy- Advent Children over night (this is the maybe "hardest to encode"-movie I or rather said, my god ol' pc ever encoded) and let you know of how everything worked out/ how the quality is. Btw I will use the PSP profile of Sharktooth (thanks for that, that's quite some quality work there :D) and just add those few lines you need for PMP compatibility :D

wincent
6th August 2006, 23:49
Sorry, where can I download AvisynthWrapper.dll ?
Either MEGui or Avisynth needs it.

wincent
7th August 2006, 00:07
Ok, I find it here : http://megui.org/auto/

chadamir
15th August 2006, 20:01
Wrong thread sorry.

Flexy
22nd August 2006, 02:59
i have a very silly question encoding with megui.

Everytime when i load/want to encode a Video (XVid etc.) and then want to encode it asks me for the AUDIO input....but i dont HAVE one since the Audio (duh!) is included in the avi already.

Or do i have to demux manually and then import the audio ?
Why ? (Doesnt megui do that automatically somehow ?)

staxrip does that with vdubmod....but then staxrip seems to have a problem with encoding into AAC.

It just wont into my brain why megui wants some external audio file for default.

Edit: Also.."one click encoder":

i figured this would make things easier....but when i click on "input file" it comes up with "all supported dgindex files"
and i can NOT load any .avi there just vob and mpgs. (Not to mention i dont even know what dgindex is/does).

Sharktooth
22nd August 2006, 03:36
create an .avs for audio too and feed it to megui audio input.

timekills
22nd August 2006, 04:01
If you used the auto avs builder, it probably added an "Audio=False" comment into one of the first few lines. If you remove that, youc an use the same .avs for video and audio encoding.

Remember to test-play the .avs file prior to encoding to ensure you can hear the audio!

WorBry
22nd August 2006, 09:30
I've just started experimenting with MEGUI and note that Convolution3D-YV12 is included as one of the 'core filters'.

For many moons Convolution3D (the original YUY2 supported version) was my 'staple' denoiser for DV sources and I was very satisfied with the results (old, old old...I can hear some of you cry). When I changed to YV12 processing, I naturally adopted the YV12 supported version of Convolution3D, until it was pointed out to me by Boulder that the temporal influence parameter was never fully implemented, and is effectively disabled in this version (last revision v1.0.0.5)

http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?p=795195&postcount=22

This revelation prompted an exhaustive quest for a suitable alternative and after much testing, I finally settled on HQDN3D, although I've never quite been able to achieve the precision of Convolution3D.

I'm wondering if those developing and using MEGUI are aware of this deficiency in the Convolution3D-YV12 filter, unless, of course, someone has since fixed it?

AjnabiZ
28th August 2006, 11:25
anything new ?

Sharktooth
28th August 2006, 12:33
not yet. the refactor is still not complete.

agressiv
31st August 2006, 03:41
Any way of getting the D2V Creator screen to accept multiple input files? I have tons of DVD's I've ripped to my hard drive already that have 1GB vob files, so most of my rips have 4-6 files.

Because of this, the D2V creator in MeGUI won't work for me, and I have to launch DGIndex manually do create the d2v index. (Its menu allows selecting multiple VOBs)

Yes, I know the Wiki says to use DVD Decrypter and have a single VOB file, but, well, I didn't do that. :)

Any change of allowing that one screen allow multiple VOBs, or be able to extrapolate what VOBs are needed by clicking on the IFO (similar to AutoGK) ?

If so ...
<Lumburgh> that would be greeeeaaat...</Lumburgh> :)

agressiv

Doom9
31st August 2006, 08:08
oh my.. have you considered just giving it at shot? the commandline interface of dgindex, and thus megui, works in a fashion that requires you to only indicate the first vob file in a series. You didn't seriously think we'd left the d2v creator that broken for more than a year (I added it back in mid 2005), did you?
Select your VTS_xy_1.VOB and VTS_xy_2.VOB, VTS_xy_3.VOB, etc will be picked up automatically. If the wiki suggests to rip to a single VOB file, that's just not necessary.. while I have nothing but contempt for FAT32 (where you can't joing everything due to the 4GB limit), having separate VOB files has not been a problem ever since I first started learning about ripping DVDs (summer '99).

frodeste
31st August 2006, 12:30
Any way of getting the D2V Creator screen to accept multiple input files? I have tons of DVD's I've ripped to my hard drive already that have 1GB vob files, so most of my rips have 4-6 files.

Because of this, the D2V creator in MeGUI won't work for me, and I have to launch DGIndex manually do create the d2v index. (Its menu allows selecting multiple VOBs)

Yes, I know the Wiki says to use DVD Decrypter and have a single VOB file, but, well, I didn't do that. :)

Any change of allowing that one screen allow multiple VOBs, or be able to extrapolate what VOBs are needed by clicking on the IFO (similar to AutoGK) ?

If so ...
<Lumburgh> that would be greeeeaaat...</Lumburgh> :)

agressiv
:search:

This is done by opening the first vob file when running the d2v, and has been disscussed many times before.

Edit: Look here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=114330

loretta80
5th September 2006, 14:50
Hi,
i made a d2v file of a 1088i Transport Stream mpeg2 with dgindex 1.4.8 without the cli because i wanted to crop the 8 lines directly with dgindex. Now megui tells me when i wanted to open the file the dgdecode.dll is not the same version as dgindex. but it is in the same directory and is of course the same version (update feature says the same). Tried to use the cli version, with the same effort. Avisynth is 2.56a. Is here something incampatible or can i fix it by hand?
thanx for this very useful tool

Sharktooth
5th September 2006, 14:53
if it says it's a different version then it's a different version.
try removing megui and reinstalling it from scratch (redo all the updates) and ensure you didnt use a beta version of dgindex 1.4.8.

check
5th September 2006, 14:59
I'm adding all the common questions I can think of here: http://mewiki.project357.com/MeGUI_FAQ
Feel free to rattle off lists of common questions that have somehow eluded my memory :)

loretta80
6th September 2006, 07:21
hi,
now i reinstalled everything. i took avisynth2.55 instead of 2.56a and now i got this fatal error when i want to open the d2v file made with dgindex 1.4.8 (non beta):
Unable to cast object of type 'AvsVideoReader to type 'MeGui.d2vfile'.Source of exception: megui stacktrace at megui.avisynthwindow.openvideo etc.
What did i wrong???

Sharktooth
6th September 2006, 13:01
Re-create the d2v using the MeGUI d2v creator and see if it works.

cc979
6th September 2006, 14:09
was just curious if MeGUI was going to support the Fraunhofer IIS mp3surround CLI http://www.all4mp3.com/tools/sw_fhg_cl.html looks like to same type of license as nero aac encoder

sorry if this is the wrong thread

check
6th September 2006, 14:19
we already have one barely used 5.1 audio codec - audX. is another really needed? :P

cc979
6th September 2006, 17:45
we already have one barely used 5.1 audio codec - audX. is another really needed? :P

some might want it, if it works with divx standalone player

loretta80
6th September 2006, 18:11
@sharktooth
that was the first thing i have done after reinstalling everything. :scared: I get the same error message with d2v files created by dgindex gui and cli version.

Doom9
6th September 2006, 18:26
you get that error because the dgindex version in your avisynth plugin folder (usually c:\program files\avisynth 2.5\plugins) doesn't match the dgindex version you're using.. that's all there is to be said about that... megui's "installer" really is just a smart file copier.
Or, your avisynth script references another dgdecode.dll file that doesn't match the dgdecode.dll that comes with your dgindex version.

loretta80
7th September 2006, 14:45
oh, now i realized that i'm able to open the d2v file but if i try to use the preview the error message says :
Unable to cast object of type 'AvsVideoReader to type 'MeGui.d2vfile'.Source of exception: megui stacktrace at megui.avisynthwindow.openvideo etc.
so i can do most things blindly

foxyshadis
8th September 2006, 01:48
Please post at least the first ten lines of stack when you copy them. Even if they aren't necessary, it's impossible to tell with only one stack level, and it doesn't take that much space. (On the other hand, a full trace is usually overkill, ten levels is a nice medium.)

Anyway, somehow your avisynth configuration is still jacked, but if you feel it's usable as is, fine. At least check the options to make sure the paths are correct.

Omnius
9th September 2006, 08:14
I'm getting that same "Unable to cast object of type 'AvsVideoReader" error. I have used MeGUI in the past sucessfully, but it has been a long while and I had re-installed Windows since my last use, so I was essentially starting over. My answer to almost every problem I don't immediately figure out is to format and start over, so that is what I did. However, it didn't help. I still get the same error.

I did a clean format and install of XP x64 and then installed all of my drivers. I then ran Windows Update and grabbed everything it suggested as well as using it to get .NET 2.0. I installed YUVCodecs 1.2 and AVISynth 2.5.6a. Finally I installed MeGUI and let it run the update, and everything except for the neroaacenc was successful.

I used the MeGUI D2V creator tool to create a D2V of a 1080i TS file and then attempted to load that D2V file into the MeGUI AVISynth script creator. It is immediately at that point that it throws the error. It appears to only be the preview window that isn't working. I could still let it detect the proper deinterlacing method, etc. I saved the AVS file and then loaded the AVS file in my media player and it plays fine.

So, I believe my AVSynth install is fine and I believe the proper dgdecode version is in the plugin directory because the only version on the entire system is what MeGUI provided automatically. Any other ideas as to what could be going wrong? Thanks.

Here is the first bit of the stack trace:
MeGUI.AviSynthWindow.openVideo
MeGUI.AviSynthWindow.openVideoSource
MeGUI.AviSynthWindow.openVideoButton_Click
System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick
System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick
System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp
System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp
System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc
System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc
System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc

check
9th September 2006, 08:36
have you tried in XP32? I'd guess this is XP64 problems.

aggressor
9th September 2006, 10:45
I'm getting the same error as Omnius and loretta80 and it's very frustrating for a first time user who is trying to switch from GKnot :( Here's a picture of the error: http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/2821/untitledyj5.png

I'm using WinXP32, along with MeGUI 0.2.3.2193 grabbed from x264.nl. I have Avisnyth 2.56a and the proper DGDecode.dll in avisnyth plugin directory, as well as decomb.dll. I've tried creating the d2v file with both a standalone DGIndex and the one that comes with MeGUI, and nothing changes.

Doom9
9th September 2006, 11:42
why oh why do people upload unstable releases without big fat warning signs?

aggressor
9th September 2006, 11:50
So where are we supposed to get 2.3.2192? I didn't know 2193 was unstable, as there isn't really much information the x264 page.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it on the Sourceforge page. Partially my fault for going to x264.nl to grab the latest MeGUI. I originally just went there for updated x264 builds, but I liked the installer for MeGUI on that page :\

Let's see if this one does any better.
Edit2: Yep, works fine now. There goes a couple of hours wasted :(

Doom9
9th September 2006, 12:24
I asked bob0r to pull the test version immediately.. he should know better, it's been an issue for two weeks now. I'll have to rename the test version to use different version numbers.. I am working on 2193 and that's based on a stable and trusted version, not a refactor that needs a lot of testing and fixing before it should be spread widely.

aggressor
9th September 2006, 12:40
Well, 2192 is working fine for me. I see some familiar things from GKnot, but at first glance there is 1 things that I miss:

The Bits/(Pixel*Frame) window in the Bitrate calculator. It helped me decide how many CDs I wanted to do to avoid dropping into the yellow, even though I know it didn't really say much about actual compressibility :P

Are there settings for that anywhere? I looked a bit, but its 7am and I'm about to pass out, so I might have missed it :(

I found the preview thing I was looking for. At first it would error so I didn't know what it did, but now it works :p

Omnius
9th September 2006, 15:42
Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't realize it was an unstable build either. But, you can't exactly blame us for that either since the very first line of the MeGUI guide that is a sticky at the top of this forum says "You can get the most recent version of MeGUI from http://x264.nl". So that is naturally what I did. :)

I grabbed 2177 from sourceforge and let it update itself to 2192 and it appears to be working. Thanks for the quick reply.

Sharktooth
9th September 2006, 20:00
The Bits/(Pixel*Frame) window in the Bitrate calculator. It helped me decide how many CDs I wanted to do to avoid dropping into the yellow, even though I know it didn't really say much about actual compressibility :P

Are there settings for that anywhere? I looked a bit, but its 7am and I'm about to pass out, so I might have missed it :(
Bits/(pixel*frame) is an empiric way to measure desired quality that doesnt take into account many factors and it higly depends on the used codec and the source compressibility.
It becomes useless when using h.264 codecs coz there are too much codec options that affect the compressibility (inloop filter settings, motion extimation method, subpixel refinement, RD algorithms, bitstream compression method, etc).

loretta80
11th September 2006, 17:19
thanks omnius and aggressor. That was the same problem i had. now everything is fine again. i didn't realized this unstable version too.
thanks to doom9 and sharktooth. next time i post the version i use emediatly.

naugas
12th September 2006, 13:12
A small problem... I can't get the update function to work. The program doesn't try to make a connection request, starting up or when trying to update manually (I would see that because of my firewall). I tried the 0.2.3.2177 version on sourceforge also, but the same. Is there maybe some component missing that I'm not aware of?

check
12th September 2006, 13:30
Connects and loads ok here - are you sure your firewall isn't passively blocking it?

glynor
12th September 2006, 18:31
I've been having trouble with the Update function all day today as well. It says it's failing to download the Update XML.

I am using it on a new system, and had just installed 2.3.2192 with the installer downloaded from http://x264.nl. I then uninstalled that, installed the sourceforge version (2177) and tried the update, which also failed. I then re-installed the 2192 version over top of the 2177 version, and the update finally worked fine!

No idea if that was dumb luck or if my version updating method was needed to get it going....

naugas
12th September 2006, 18:37
Found out that I had some left-over proxy settings that I think confused megui. They were to a localhost proxy that I don't use. Hmm, more strange that all my other programs connect properly now that I think about it? Anyway, I get connected now, and half of the stuff on the update list gets downloaded, so it's working. For the rest of the files the "server could not be contacted" but that's the way it is I guess.

But it wants to downgrade the x264 encoder, from 560 to 557, have someone forgot to update a database somewhere?

edit 1: It doesn't look like it was my proxy settings after all... :\ edit 3: yes it was. But ordinary connection problems after that. Some hours later, and everything works perfectly. Many thanks for this wonderful tool!

edit 2: Maybe some dns problems? Checking it up, prevenge.aetherihosting.com and megui.org points to the same ip, but sometimes I got redirected to what I guess is the hosting company, leafyhost.com, and sometimes to a cpanel installation. The megui.org/www.megui.org always times out.

Doom9
12th September 2006, 20:58
@naugas: it must be you because these urls work like a charm here. And proxy wise, .NET software uses the proxy configured in IE.. I don't know why that is, but that's the behavior I experience at work.
And keep in mind that megui never detects version numbers of tools you install manually.. if you want to load tools on your own, turn off updates for that tool.

Sharktooth
12th September 2006, 20:59
557 is the same as 560. Look at the changelog...

glynor
13th September 2006, 00:14
@naugas: it must be you because these urls work like a charm here. And proxy wise, .NET software uses the proxy configured in IE.. I don't know why that is, but that's the behavior I experience at work.

Thought I'd mention that the machine where I had the connection issue has never had any proxy settings (and still doesn't) activated. It was a fairly brand new PC, on a very reliable institutional network. The network was behaving well otherwise today.

I had trouble a number of times at work today (though it was intermittently successful). I tested my install from home tonight, and it is working fine.

foxyshadis
13th September 2006, 01:06
Probably DNS issues, and not necessarily your fault. If provantage's network engineers are working on it, or your ISP, or 1&1... hiccups happen.

wiak
18th September 2006, 22:03
MeGUI is broken on Windows Vista RC1 x86
the update program just crashes
-
Windows NT Version 6.0 Build: 5600
Product: Workstation
Suite: (0x100) Single User TS Professional
BuildString: 6.0.5600.16384 (vista_rc1.060829-2230)
Flavor: Free
Architecture: X86
-

popper
24th September 2006, 21:49
MeGUI is the most comprehensive GUI based ISO MPEG-4 solution.

Avisynth 2.55 (http://www.doom9.org/Soft21/SupportUtils/AviSynth_255.exe) for video frameserving. Beta versions are NOT!!! supported

the http://www.doom9.org/Soft21/SupportUtils/AviSynth_255.exe
link is broke in the first post.

foxyshadis
24th September 2006, 22:39
That's okay, 2.55 is long outdated and MeGUI will download its own Avisynth package when you run autoupdate the first time, anyway.

Rash
25th September 2006, 00:21
Let me just ask a very very stupid question, though I sincerely don't know the answer.

How do I know which version of the XviD encoder was used in a mencoder build?

sjchmura
3rd October 2006, 18:55
Please no one laugh - I am sure this is simple and I apologize for beign so dumb..

I am giving up on nero (as Foxy can attest)

ATSC+AC3-> Mp4 (no brainer)
-> MKV PRESERVING the AC3....
1. In the MEGUI "autoencode" section, after setting up my AVISynth, if you want to PRESERVE the AC3 and not "resample" it to AC3 is there an option? If you choose AC3 the original 5.1 AC3 gets resampled.

DO you just need to mux it manually???

2. To clean up some low-bit rate HDTV ATSC source, should I use undot() or some other filer.....

Sharktooth
3rd October 2006, 19:38
Error Report

MeGUI 0.2.3.2192
x264 577-1

Previous x264 worked (575), this one is showing nf parameter error:

-------

Starting job job1 at 4:09:11 PM
encoder commandline:
--crf 20 --no-fast-pskip --nf --no-cabac --subme 7 --analyse p8x8,b8x8,i4x4 --qpmin 1 --me esa --thread-input --progress --no-dct-decimate --no-psnr --output "F:\Desktop\AS2004\A2004.t1.r1-v3.mp4" "F:\Desktop\AS2004\A2004.t1.r1.avs"
Processing ended at 4:09:12 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Log for job job1

x264 [error]: invalid argument: nf = (null)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The problem is x264 577-1 removed the -nf parameter (Enable Deblocking in the GUI). At least the cmdline syntax list doesn't show it anymore.

---
Feature Request

On a more personal note, I use only the x264 component, but when updating it auto-checks all the components with updates. I have to manually uncheck them each time. A check all / uncheck all button would be handy; even better would be a second set of checkboxes to indicate whether I want them updated.

Another idea would be to renovate the window into a full components manager, with the ability to add and remove (delete) components, and only update the components that are installed. This would save a lot of time updating.
--nf should be still there... if it doesnt then it's a bug in the x264 commandline parser coz the changelog doesnt says it was removed but
better error checking in x264_param_parse.
add synonyms for a few options.
However checking the 577 changes seems --nf was removed in favour or --n

Sharktooth
4th October 2006, 13:08
In build 578A I added a fix for the --nf switch.
MeGUI should auto-update x264 to that version.

bob0r
5th October 2006, 14:52
581 has --nf fixed again, but better just use --no-deblock :)

Sharktooth
5th October 2006, 14:57
confirmed... it was fixed in rev579.

mrdutchie
6th October 2006, 15:01
ok, trying this program for the last 4 days...
not getting it to work.

Sometimes it closes without anyerror after creating a d2v file

I have all the latest files

but getting a error like this

Scripterror about Colormatrix command

I am using avisynth256 can't get the 255 anywhere.
is that causing the problem?

Also for Output. I select 1/2 CD, but there is no profile etc.
Do I need to create my own ones?

I was able to import the Divx profiles and another set of profiles.

I am confused lol....

Thanks

Sharktooth
6th October 2006, 15:52
:readguid:
also the auto-update server is down so megui wont be able to automatically get all the required components.

mrdutchie
6th October 2006, 16:52
seems to work fine.
downloaded all the files from that link

http://mewiki.project357.com/auto/?title=auto

Isn't there a link with a good manual/install ? I saw 1 but the link ain't working...

so.... I am still stuck with my issue.... see above

and where can i find avisynth255 only finding 256 and doom9 links are dead
maybe that's my problem, that they took a function out?

Sharktooth
6th October 2006, 17:24
256 should work as well as 255

mrdutchie
6th October 2006, 20:41
I am getting the error

The file "E:\yugioh\episode1.avs" cannot be opened
Script Error : there is no function named "ColorMatrix"

I saw that ColorMatrix is set when you turn on a option in
the Setup under a MPEG2 setting for Color Correction

Sharktooth
6th October 2006, 21:39
You need the colormatrix filter or just disable color correction.

check
7th October 2006, 04:57
Just a note, that mirror is pretty out of date now, I know at least x264 has been updated a lot. Anyone know how to make wget (or any unix command) to synchronise the real /auto folder with mine?

Doom9
7th October 2006, 11:52
You're putting a lot of stress on those servers by redownloading everything.. there's really no point in doing so.. the installer really does nothing but copy files and write an adapted settings file.
You can't really configure the actual avisynth that is used for opening scripts....
And, that error you posted is pretty self-explanatory imho.. it tells you that AviSynth needs to be installed.. what more do you want?

Tropican
7th October 2006, 18:12
Um, I don't know if this is the right place to post this but the link to the wiki documentation isn't right in the sticky. It should be: http://mewiki.project357.com/Main_Page

mrdutchie
7th October 2006, 18:19
seems like there is a bug in the software

Why do I need to put everytime the "Extra" folder with the
4 filters into the folder where my file is that needs to be decoded..

I can't find a place to set a Extra Folder, so it's always can stay there.

check
8th October 2006, 02:29
@Tropican: thanks for the update.

@mrdutchie: You can specify the location of .cqms in the codec config window for xvid, on the second or third page near the bottom.

parcival
8th October 2006, 12:27
:readguid:
also the auto-update server is down so megui wont be able to automatically get all the required components.Is it going to be fixed? Is there another way to update (get the xml from another server)?

Sharktooth
8th October 2006, 12:34
It should be fixed soon

check
8th October 2006, 12:47
you can do it manually. read http://mewiki.project357.com/Installation for basic install instructions, and you can grab somewhat out of date versions of required programs from http://mewiki.project357.com/auto . That should tide you over 'til the server gets fixed :)

parcival
8th October 2006, 19:22
:thanks:

mrdutchie
9th October 2006, 16:23
@Tropican: thanks for the update.

@mrdutchie: You can specify the location of .cqms in the codec config window for xvid, on the second or third page near the bottom.

I did, but I noticed in the Xvid Profiles, I need to changes the paths.

mrdutchie
9th October 2006, 16:24
How is this possible.

1. Doesn't playback the Xvid. only black screen, but i do have sound
2. Framerate went from 29.97 to 23.97

Starting job job1 at 3:55:12 PM
encoder commandline:
-AIF=[E:\Yu-Gi-Oh DVD's\Season 1\Vol 3 7 only 8-9 missing\Episode 7.mpg] -OF=[E:\Yu-Gi-Oh DVD's\Season 1\Vol 3 7 only 8-9 missing\Episode 7] -exit -minimize -OM=1 -TN=1
Processing ended at 3:55:38 PM

Log for job job1

Job completed successfully and deletion of intermediate files is activated
Generating jobs. Desired size: 367001600 bytes
Setting desired size of video to 367001600 bytes
Desired size of this automated encoding series: 367001600 bytes, split size: 0
Autocropping successful. Using the following crop values: left: 2, top: 0, right: 10, bottom: 2.
Automatic deinterlacing was checked. Running now...
Deinterlacing used: edeintted = AssumeTFF().SeparateFields().SelectEven().EEDI2(field=-1)
tdeintted = TDeint(edeint=edeintted,order=1)
tfm(clip2=tdeintted).tdecimate(hybrid=1)
Avisynth script created:
global MeGUI_darx = 0
global MeGUI_dary = 0
DGDecode_mpeg2source("E:\Yu-Gi-Oh DVD's\Season 1\Vol 3 7 only 8-9 missing\Episode 7.d2v",info=3)
ColorMatrix(hints=true)
edeintted = AssumeTFF().SeparateFields().SelectEven().EEDI2(field=-1)
tdeintted = TDeint(edeint=edeintted,order=1)
tfm(clip2=tdeintted).tdecimate(hybrid=1)
crop( 2, 0, -10, -2)

LanczosResize(640,640) # Lanczos (Sharp)
#denoise
Starting job job2-1 at 3:57:11 PM
encoder commandline:

Processing ended at 3:58:45 PM

Log for job job2-1

Channels=2, BitsPerSample=16, SampleRate=48000Hz
C:\Documents and Settings\Perry\Desktop\Megui\ffmpeg.exe -i - -y -acodec ac3 -ab 128 "E:\Yu-Gi-Oh DVD's\Season 1\Vol 3 7 only 8-9 missing\Episode 7 T01 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY -4ms_0.ac3"FFmpeg version CVS, Copyright (c) 2000-2004 Fabrice Bellard
configuration: --enable-mingw32 --enable-memalign-hack --enable-gpl --enable-a52 --enable-dts --enable-mp3lame --enable-faac --enable-amr_nb --enable-faad --enable-amr_wb --enable-pp --enable-x264 --enable-xvid --enable-theora --enable-libogg --enable-vorbis
libavutil version: 49.0.0
libavcodec version: 51.9.0
libavformat version: 50.4.0
built on May 13 2006 18:31:30, gcc: 4.1.0 [Sherpya]
Input #0, wav, from 'pipe:':
Duration: N/A, bitrate: 1536 kb/s
Stream #0.0: Audio: pcm_s16le, 48000 Hz, stereo, 1536 kb/s
Output #0, ac3, to 'E:\Yu-Gi-Oh DVD's\Season 1\Vol 3 7 only 8-9 missing\Episode 7 T01 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY -4ms_0.ac3':
Stream #0.0: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, 128 kb/s
Stream mapping:
Stream #0.0 -> #0.0

video:0kB audio:19225kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.000000%

job job2-1 has been processed. This job is linked to the next job: job2-2
We have an audio job followed by a video job
The audio job is named job2-1. The first video job is named job2-2.Found another video job: job2-3.
The audio job is named job2-1 the first pass job2-2.
The video job has a desired final output size of 367001600 bytes and video bitrate of 700 kbit/s
Found a preceding audio job: 'job2-1'.job2-1 completed successfully, taking size into account...The size is of this track is 19685888 bytes, and the type is AC3. Taking this into account in the bitrate calculation.
Desired video size after substracting audio size is 337797KBs. Setting the desired bitrate of the subsequent video jobs to 2245 kbit/s.
Starting job job2-2 at 3:58:45 PM
encoder commandline:
-i "E:\Yu-Gi-Oh DVD's\Season 1\Vol 3 7 only 8-9 missing\Episode 7.avs" -pass1 "E:\Yu-Gi-Oh DVD's\Season 1\Vol 3 7 only 8-9 missing\Episode 7.stats" -bitrate 2245 -kboost 100 -ostrength 0 -overhead 0 -nopacked -quality 4 -vhqmode 3 -qpel -qmatrix "C:\Documents and Settings\Perry\Desktop\Megui\extra\Didees SixOfNine.cqm" -closed_gop -imax 3 -pmax 4 -max_bframes 1 -bvhq -bquant_ratio 100 -bmax 4 -threads 1
Processing ended at 4:25:12 PM

Log for job job2-2

xvid_encraw - raw mpeg4 bitstream encoder written by Christoph Lampert 2002-2003

Trying to retrieve width and height from input header
Input colorspace is YV12
xvidcore build version: xvid-1.2.0-dev
Bitstream version: 1.2.-127
Detected CPU flags: ASM MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 TSC
Detected 1 cpus, using 1 threads.

Tot: enctime(ms) =620376.00, length(bytes) = 1187837521
Avg: enctime(ms) = 21.00, fps = 47.62, length(bytes) = 40208
I frames: 470 frames, size = 110617/51990342, quants = 2 / 2.00 / 2
P frames: 15479 frames, size = 57626/892000689, quants = 2 / 2.00 / 2
B frames: 13591 frames, size = 17941/243846483, quants = 3 / 3.00 / 3
N frames: 1 frames, size = 7/ 7

job job2-2 has been processed. This job is linked to the next job: job2-3
Starting job job2-3 at 4:25:12 PM
encoder commandline:
-i "E:\Yu-Gi-Oh DVD's\Season 1\Vol 3 7 only 8-9 missing\Episode 7.avs" -pass2 "E:\Yu-Gi-Oh DVD's\Season 1\Vol 3 7 only 8-9 missing\Episode 7.stats" -bitrate 2245 -kboost 100 -ostrength 0 -overhead 0 -nopacked -quality 4 -vhqmode 3 -qpel -qmatrix "C:\Documents and Settings\Perry\Desktop\Megui\extra\Didees SixOfNine.cqm" -closed_gop -imax 3 -pmax 4 -max_bframes 1 -bvhq -bquant_ratio 100 -bmax 4 -threads 1 -avi "E:\Yu-Gi-Oh DVD's\Season 1\Vol 3 7 only 8-9 missing\Episode 7_Video.avi"
Processing ended at 5:34:44 PM

Log for job job2-3

xvid_encraw - raw mpeg4 bitstream encoder written by Christoph Lampert 2002-2003

Tot: enctime(ms) =3194198.00, length(bytes) = 436415590
Avg: enctime(ms) = 108.12, fps = 9.25, length(bytes) = 14772
I frames: 470 frames, size = 66033/31035898, quants = 2 / 2.98 / 3
P frames: 15479 frames, size = 20601/318894735, quants = 3 / 4.00 / 4
B frames: 13591 frames, size = 6363/86484950, quants = 3 / 4.97 / 5
N frames: 1 frames, size = 7/ 7
Input colorspace is YV12
Detected CPU flags: ASM MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 TSC
desired video bitrate of this job: 2245 kbit/s - obtained video bitrate (approximate): 2838 kbit/s
Found intermediate output file 'E:\Yu-Gi-Oh DVD's\Season 1\Vol 3 7 only 8-9 missing\Episode 7.stats', deleting...
Deletion succeeded.job job2-3 has been processed. This job is linked to the next job: job2-4
Starting job job2-4 at 5:34:44 PM
encoder commandline:
-v "E:\Yu-Gi-Oh DVD's\Season 1\Vol 3 7 only 8-9 missing\Episode 7_Video.avi" -a "E:\Yu-Gi-Oh DVD's\Season 1\Vol 3 7 only 8-9 missing\Episode 7 T01 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY -4ms_0.ac3" -o "E:\Yu-Gi-Oh DVD's\Season 1\Vol 3 7 only 8-9 missing\Episode 7.avi"
Processing ended at 5:35:19 PM

Log for job job2-4

DivXMux: Version 6.1 Build Num: 36
Output File Streams:

TrackId 0: Video Stream: From AVI
Frame Rate: 23.976024
Resolution: 640x640
TrackId 1: Audio Stream: From AC3
SamplesPerSec: 48000
BlockAlign: 1

Creating Index...

Found intermediate output file 'E:\Yu-Gi-Oh DVD's\Season 1\Vol 3 7 only 8-9 missing\Episode 7.avs', deleting...
Deletion succeeded.Found intermediate output file 'E:\Yu-Gi-Oh DVD's\Season 1\Vol 3 7 only 8-9 missing\Episode 7.d2v', deleting...
Deletion succeeded.Found intermediate output file 'E:\Yu-Gi-Oh DVD's\Season 1\Vol 3 7 only 8-9 missing\Episode 7 T01 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY -4ms.ac3', deleting...
Deletion succeeded.Found intermediate output file 'E:\Yu-Gi-Oh DVD's\Season 1\Vol 3 7 only 8-9 missing\Episode 7_Video.avi', deleting...
Deletion succeeded.Found intermediate output file 'E:\Yu-Gi-Oh DVD's\Season 1\Vol 3 7 only 8-9 missing\Episode 7 T01 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY -4ms_0.ac3', deleting...
Deletion succeeded.

check
9th October 2006, 23:46
@mrdutchie
1. probably something wrong with your playback setup. What playback filter do you use?
2. This is normal, it's what happens when the framerate is IVTCed. More info here: http://www.doom9.org/synch.htm

fegul
10th October 2006, 02:12
I may have missed something in the last few pages, but I usually encode the video seperately from the audio and when they are muxed together, they are not in sync anymore. I dont believe I accidentally changed the framerate of the video since it seems to play back smoothly, but how I can I tell for sure what the fps of a DVD is since it could either be 23.97 or 29.97?

EDIT: Actually I used MPC to open the AVS file and dub the encoded audio, and I'm still getting audio that is not in sync. I used MeGUI to create the AVS script, and I simply had the audio encoded with MeGUI too. Why isnt it in sync??

check
10th October 2006, 10:08
possibly your CPU can't handle whatever filtering you are doing on the avs to transform it in real time? Otherwise, as long as any delay in the audio track's filename is taken into account, you should run into no problems.

fegul
10th October 2006, 13:17
possibly your CPU can't handle whatever filtering you are doing on the avs to transform it in real time? Otherwise, as long as any delay in the audio track's filename is taken into account, you should run into no problems.

I'm pretty sure its not that since I have a Core 2 Duo e6600 and there is no delay in the filename of the audio. I tried doing everything from scratch, and when I try to encode the video using x264's Automated 2-pass, it gets through the first pass and then the x264 process crashes when it starts the 2nd pass.

I'm going to update x264 and see if that does anything.

Sharktooth
10th October 2006, 13:26
a x264 crash is probaly a sign of system instability...

fegul
10th October 2006, 13:44
a x264 crash is probaly a sign of system instability...
I don't think thats it since everything else runs stable and I've had this up for 5 days at a time and nothing else has crashed. I've worked on projects in Premiere, and encoding to WMV never crashed on me.

Plus it was working on the machine a few weeks ago. I'm not sure if MeGUI downloaded an update for x264 that could be the problem.

This is what the log says;
Log for job job4-2

avis [info]: 640x352 @ 29.97 fps (231594 frames)
x264 [error]: requested bitrate is too low. estimated minimum is -2147483648 kbps
x264 [error]: x264_encoder_open failed

mrdutchie
10th October 2006, 14:29
@mrdutchie
1. probably something wrong with your playback setup. What playback filter do you use?
2. This is normal, it's what happens when the framerate is IVTCed. More info here: http://www.doom9.org/synch.htm

I have tried Xvid 1.12 or 1.20 and some older ones

When I look in my properties for the file, I noticed
that the video is 12Bit Xvid

and when I look at another Xvid file, coded in AutoGK then it's 24Bit Xvid

First I thought the file was playing after using Megui but
it seems like the file ain't moving at all.
I tried Mediaplayer, PowerDVD, NeroVision.

No clue why it ain't working.

check
15th October 2006, 12:52
Just a note, I changed the addesses in the wiki slightly, the addresses now have the form mewiki.project357.com/wiki/Main_Page (http://mewiki.project357.com/wiki/Main_Page)where previously they were mewiki.project357.com/Main_Page (http://mewiki.project357.com/Main_Page). Note the old address format still works, all links will be in the new format. This was changed primarily to give a little more flexibility and to allow miscellaneous folders in the root directory to be accessed (provision for an autoupdate mirror and a few other things).

Doom9
15th October 2006, 17:26
@fegul: and what would the x264 commandline be?

bananacreamandpeca
17th October 2006, 19:46
Hi

I have some dvd-rips on my HD in ISO format.
Because I do not want to decode everything first (no exrta hd-space),
Can Avisynth be used to feed MeGUI these iso-files?

thanks.

FooFighter007
17th October 2006, 21:16
How about daemon tools to mount these ISOs. Then you might use dgindex for the project file. This can be processed by Avisynth. No extra space is required except for the audio files

LigH
17th October 2006, 23:03
An ISO file is the whole content of a DVD, an "image". Including the "table of content" (the file system, the directory and file structure) in the beginning, and the content of all files following.

AviSynth won't be able to read "a disk as a whole" (and why would anyone write a plugin that should read and understand images?); it can only read "files on a disk" with matching plugins. So it would simply be the best to mount this DVD image in a virtual DVD drive. Several burning tools provide such a tool (e.g. Nero ImageDrive, Alcohol ##%), an there are several special tools for this purpose (Daemon Tools, VirtualCD, ...). They read an image file from a harddisk and pretend to be a real DVD drive.

bananacreamandpeca
18th October 2006, 23:30
Ok. thanks.

can gknot also take/read a whole iso when its mounted and read through avisynth?

bananacreamandpeca
19th October 2006, 00:25
One more thing

I cannot seem to run MeGui.
Its says
---------------------------
megui.exe - Application Error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.
OK

so now what?

I tried to install the net framework whatever.
installation just hanged end nearly gave me a freakin heart attack thinking my windows is now screwed.
jeezus whats this?
framenetwork also needed 280 MB of space???
Luckily i could deintsall the damn thing.

check
19th October 2006, 11:31
you *need* the .net framework 2.0 to run megui. I'm pretty sure it doesn't take 280mb of space by itself - the download is only 20mb. If it won't install, you've got a problem with your windows.

mrdutchie
19th October 2006, 16:25
I am having to problems

1. How do I create a !Stats file?
I am not finding any option to create this file.
seems like only the 1Step encoder will create it.

I am getting this error when I do it step by step with the
Guide

Couldn't open statsfile 'E:\Yu-Gi-Oh DVD's\Season 1\Vol 3 7 only 8-9 missing\hi.stats'!

------------------------------------------------------------

2. when I use the step by step guide

and import my d2v i am getting the error

the scripts return was not a video clip

When I hit preview, ill get the same error

when I try to save the Avisynth file, the file is 0kb with
nothing in it.

This is a part of the d2v file created by dvdencrypter.

DGIndexProjectFile13
C:\ooo\VTS_01_1.VOB

Stream_Type=1
MPEG_Type=2
iDCT_Algorithm=4
YUVRGB_Scale=1
Luminance_Filter=0,0
Clipping=0,0,0,0
Aspect_Ratio=4:3
Picture_Size=720x480
Field_Operation=0
Frame_Rate=29970 (30000/1001)
Location=0,0,0,60D37

900 6 0 2048 1 1 92 b2 b2 a2 b2 b2 a2 b2 b2 a2 b2 b2 a2
900 6 0 342016 1 1 92 b2 b2 a2 b2 b2 a2 b2 b2 a2 b2 b2 a2

What is wrong with this??

I am using the latest build. 2192 I think it was

check
19th October 2006, 23:42
have you installed all related plugins?

mrdutchie
19th October 2006, 23:47
yes I did..
I even downloaded the whole complete package last week.

Where can I find the option to create a .stats file
and the other issues

check
20th October 2006, 10:47
you should not need to create the stats file - it is automatically created by the first pass.

mrdutchie
20th October 2006, 15:25
you should not need to create the stats file - it is automatically created by the first pass.

funny.... it's asking for it before doing the 1st pass

tried with the step by step guide, and you will run into it too.

oddball
8th November 2006, 00:01
"MeGUI has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Does this one 2 different PC's. Latest version> Installed Avisynth non-beta and .NET 2.0 is installed.

check
9th November 2006, 14:00
@dutchie - no idea then. Try a complete reinstall.

@oddball - any more information....?

oddball
9th November 2006, 17:31
@dutchie - no idea then. Try a complete reinstall.

@oddball - any more information....?

I wish I could provide more info. But that is the only error it shows. Can someone put up a zip file of ALL the files I need (Apart from .NET 2) just in case I am missing something or got the incorrect versions? I will try again with that.

check
10th November 2006, 11:31
sorry, by 'more information', I meant:
o when this error occurs,
o with what megui version,
o if it occurs after a re-install of all related components (in this case, megui & the .net framework)
:)

oddball
11th November 2006, 23:06
- When I try to run it.
- MeGUI.NETv2.0_Bins_0.2.3.2177.zip
- .NET 2.0 is installed correctly on both PC's

Sharktooth
13th November 2006, 02:54
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=105920&page=37
please dont crosspost. lets keep the discussion in one thread.

dantzbr
30th November 2006, 23:34
does anybody know how can i encode ".ogm" ??

check
1st December 2006, 00:45
ogm is a container. read the introduction to video files on the mewiki for more info.

karasu
18th December 2006, 16:43
I can't create an AVS script :

http://www.gloomydream.net/bazar/megui.png

I have the latest megui with all the latest updates, I installed avisith 2.55, then Helix YV12 codec and I still cant load my d2v file.

If I try to create manually my AVS file
# Set DAR in encoder to 37 : 20. The following line is for automatic signalling
global MeGUI_darx = 37
global MeGUI_dary = 20
DGDecode_mpeg2source("E:\crazy\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.d2v")
crop( 0, 16, 0, -16)

I can open this file in a player (MPC)
But MeGui dont want it (same error message)

Wht can I do?

Thanks

acrespo
18th December 2006, 17:20
I see this in changelog:

Commit by Doom9
- Subtitle processing via VobSub

How can I do this processing?

check
18th December 2006, 22:18
@karasu: you need to open the .avs :) You're trying to open a .d2v

@acrespo: look in the tools menu

karasu
19th December 2006, 10:55
@karasu: you need to open the .avs You're trying to open a .d2v
I know, the first time I try to open the d2v file to create an avs script (with the AviSynth Script Creator), but it failed (error message above). after that I write my script manually then try to load in megui, but the same error message appeared (with the path and the name of the avs file of course).

Anyway, I can open my avs script in a player without problem, so I dont understand what's wrong.

check
19th December 2006, 11:39
do you have a YV12 decompressor installed?

karasu
19th December 2006, 14:50
Yes, Helix YV12 as said before.

karasu
20th December 2006, 17:06
Even the old avs files I use with older Megui (9 month ago) releases failled to load. Sadly I deleted the older working version of megui...

check
20th December 2006, 23:54
have you tried reinstalling MeGUI?

Seroxat
21st December 2006, 12:29
Same problem here, unable to load d2v in AviSynth scrip creator. Following error message pops up (version 2.4.1012):

"Error message for your reference: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt."

I do have a YU12 codec installed, and opening d2v works in all other applications including MeGUI versions 2.3.xxxx.

weaver4
21st December 2006, 15:06
Does MeGui support single pass XviD? I did not see it. What profile would one use?

Sh4nn0w
21st December 2006, 18:22
Just setup your own profile. One isn't provided.

karasu
23rd December 2006, 15:01
have you tried reinstalling MeGUI?
yes, twice. And reinstalling Avisynth too. No change.

parcival
30th December 2006, 08:53
Same problem with karasu for me too.

It worked OK with previous versions (2.3.x.x)

check
30th December 2006, 09:24
try reinstalling your YV12 decompressor

parcival
2nd January 2007, 22:13
I tried everything.
The problem is with MeGUI.

I just replaced latest MeGUI version (AutoUpdate) with MeGUI v0.2.3.2193 (megui.exe, MessageBoxExLib.dll and ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll) and everything works fine. So it is not the decoder or Avisynth. Something changed in MeGUI v0.2.4.x and it messed things up.

Sharktooth
3rd January 2007, 01:34
Works here...

chadamir
3rd January 2007, 07:56
I can't seem to put in a decimal value i.e. 18.3 for crf encoding.

parcival
3rd January 2007, 14:29
Let me try to be more specific.
I use ffdshow as the only decoder in my system (2006-12-30 build by clsid) together with Haali Media Splitter (28/12/2006). AviSynth v2.5.6 is also installed.

Let me clarify that I am talking ONLY about Avisynth builder included in MeGUI tools. Everything else works for me too. When I try to open a d2v file created with DGIndex.exe (version 1.4.8) I get the error message.

As I already said this doesn't happen with MeGUI v0.2.3.2193

Sharktooth
3rd January 2007, 14:30
CRF and QP accept only integer numbers.

@parcival: i cant reproduce... it works perfectly here.

parcival
3rd January 2007, 23:00
Do you use the same codecs etc with me or different?

I could give AviSynth v2.5.6a a go too just in case...

nurbs
4th January 2007, 11:57
CRF and QP accept only integer numbers.

CRF accepts fractional values since rev. 591.

Sharktooth
4th January 2007, 14:35
i meant in megui.. he cant specify fractional values coz it accepts only integer numbers.

chadamir
5th January 2007, 05:32
I knew what he meant, any plans to change that?

Sharktooth
5th January 2007, 14:20
is it really necessary? I mean, i cant see the reason akupenguin implemented fractional CRF values...

parcival
5th January 2007, 15:30
I tried to my other computer with windows XP and exactly the same codecs/programs installed and it works fine.

It seems something is wrong with MeGUI 2.4.x.x and 2K. Do Windows 2K miss something? (I have latest Windows updates installed on both machines)

chadamir
5th January 2007, 16:42
is it really necessary? I mean, i cant see the reason akupenguin implemented fractional CRF values...

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=116773 Take a look at this thread, they basically figured out how to get crf to an exact bitrate without taking any significant hit to quality over two pass.

Sharktooth
5th January 2007, 17:00
ooook.

bkman
6th January 2007, 10:41

Yes, I believe that it is necessary. I would find it useful, at least.

karasu
7th January 2007, 12:49
It seems something is wrong with MeGUI 2.4.x.x and 2K. Do Windows 2K miss something?
Yes, I run Win 2k too (as long megui isn't aviable for linux or OS-X) an have the same problems. (using the soft and version described at the start of this thread)

Knuffi
17th January 2007, 14:18
Before I state my little request, I want to say, that MeGUI is really a great thing in combination with X264. Thanks for your affords!

But now to my request:
In earlier versions there was a little checkbox on the queue-page managing the behaviour of MEGUI after encoding. This was removed and the "settings" got one feature more.
Is it possible to bring back that little checkbox or perhaps radio-boxes on the queue-page? I often change the after-encoding-behaviour and nearly as often I forget to set it back to "do nothing". Therefore my pc shuts down sometimes after encoding while I on the contrary want to work on it ... :o

kurt
17th January 2007, 15:14
I also don't understand why this checkbox was removed.

@ Knuffi: if you add in the options/extra config/run command field for example shutdown -s -t 30, a window pops up right after finsishing the final job and gives you 30 seconds to abort the shutdown. But if you are during this 30 seconds away from keyboard - let's say on toilet - the pc shuts down and your work gets lost probably ;)

dbzgundam
20th January 2007, 17:19
Hello all. I recently reinstalled MeGUI (I was having a problem that I WOULD'VE shown you guys, but now I'm running into something else :D) to the latest version (Whatever it was as of 1/19/07).

My x264 settings have remained the same, as have my AVS scripts, but now, whenever the second pass begins, the encoder runs for a few seconds, and then crashes, giving me the typical Windows Error Report... Prior to this, it was crashing, and NOD32 (Antivirus program) reported the x264 stats file as having the "Voodoo Virus"? Figuring it was false positive, I disabled NOD32 for another shot at it, and once again, at the 2nd pass, I simply had a crash.

Any ideas? I DID obtain this MeGUI installation from x264.nl (Mirror 1 to be exact), so I don't exactly think it was corrupted.

bananacreamandpeca
20th January 2007, 21:13
My encoding jobs in Megui stop encoding halfway after a few Megabytes too. Dunno what this is.
I;m gonna try another x264Gui. Maybe that would solve the problem. If it DOES.
Then there msut be something wrong with Megui!!
So I then Suggest people respond to my messages and take me seriously.
Cuz I'm getting the feeling of being ignored or something.

'll keep you updated.

check
21st January 2007, 05:49
@dbzgundam: it might be a virus somewhere else on your system. Does a full scall show anything up? Otherwise, it's just a bad match by nod32. Anyway, try and reproduce the crash outside megui by running the x264 command by itself. Chances are the problem lies with x264, not megui.

@bananna: as said a few times in the bug report thread (where bug reports should go :devil:), all the megui dev's are currently unavailable. When they have some time again stuff will start moving again.

chipzoller
22nd January 2007, 22:44
How does x264 determine if a "turbo" first pass (using megui's 2-pass automatic) is checked in the gui? I'm not sure of this, but I think with this and the past couple builds of megui the turbo setting isn't be saved because I've noticed my first passes are now much slower than have previously been with megui. I checked the x264 command-line options and didn't see how it sets a turbo first pass and don't see any difference in the command-line with activating or deactivating this option in megui.

akupenguin
22nd January 2007, 22:50
There is no such thing as "turbo" at the x264 commandline level. Turbo in megui is just a shortcut for disabling some other options in the first pass.

pinkie_1
22nd January 2007, 23:28
@ chipzoller :

MeGUI's ''turbo" sets :
--me to dia
--subme to 1
--ref to 1
--analyse to none
--trellis to 0

chipzoller
22nd January 2007, 23:31
Thanks for the responses. I understand what MeGUI is doing behind the scenes now.

parcival
2nd February 2007, 08:46
Can we do something to fix the Win 2K preview bug?
Is there a way to help you fix it? Can we create a debug log or something?

Tanma
3rd February 2007, 02:16
The Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 requires an authentic copy of Windows?

Tanma
3rd February 2007, 22:20
The last build 0.2.4.1020 is giving a lot of trouble for many people, when trying to load any avs ("memory error") or avi (the program just close without warnings). Didn't tried another formats. I switch back to 0.2.3.2193 and it is working fine, but i'm not updating the core.

check
4th February 2007, 01:25
tanma: are you running vista? In any case, please post a bug report here: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=156112&atid=798476

parcival
9th February 2007, 19:19
Win2K and MeGUI works fine now!
Thanks for your efforts!

lebanni
13th February 2007, 14:07
Is it possible to have audio amplification like DSPGuru's in BeSweet ? I've found "increase volume automatically" a little light.

Thank for the good work.

Le Banni.

wincent
13th February 2007, 18:35
Is it possible to have audio amplification like DSPGuru's in BeSweet ? I've found "increase volume automatically" a little light.

Thank for the good work.

Le Banni.
As well as audio resampling (for instance, 48kHz -> 44,1kHz).

Doom9
13th February 2007, 18:59
Without rebuilding a whole audio processing engine, the audio features are limited to what the NicAudio filters and the audio encoder provide in terms of features.
And just as a sidenote, I'd violently oppose any downsampling.. modern audio cards all work with 48kHz anyway so your 44.1kHz stuff is actually upsampled during playback.

spanky123
14th February 2007, 03:49
Just installed megui fresh and ran auto-update, but the profiles didn't download. There were no profiles to import for anything - video/audio.

Have they been removed ?

Tanma
27th February 2007, 02:38
I didn't see any profiles as well.

The last Megui update is working fine now in my system.

The problem is that i'm having oversized encodes with x264, even with options at default, using AutoEncode with profile settings or desired bitrate...

Deckard2019
2nd March 2007, 23:16
Is it possible to use Aften (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=113074) directly into MeGUI ?

steve77
3rd March 2007, 00:52
I think I found a script that MeGui doesn't like

DirectShowSource("D:\Work Folder\MySource.wmv")
Lanczos4Resize(512,384)
Import("D:\Work Folder\SeeSaw.avs")
a=last
b=a.degrainmedian(mode=3)
SeeSaw(a,b,sootheS=50)
degrainmedian(mode=4)

The script "SeeSaw" works fine when I'm using Mpeg2Source(). However, SeeSaw in conjunction with DirectShowSource() and any WMV file invariably crash.

It actually pops up the preview window, all is well, I can go play in the bitrate calculator, and even make it to the settings, but after 30 seconds it crashes.

I'm using the same script minus the SeeSaw() funciton and Megui is working fine.

Any thoughts? Any additional info I need to supply?

Adub
3rd March 2007, 01:35
Have you tried playing the script outside of MeGUI, with MPC for example?

steve77
3rd March 2007, 01:44
Yes, it works flawlessly... Very bizzare.

Adub
3rd March 2007, 20:11
I don't think that it is actually MeGUI that is crashing.

Oh, wait, so you haven't started encoding yet, huh? Try turning off the preview window in MeGUI settings and see if that helps at all. I had the same problem a while back, except it was because of a crazy long script that tried to seek to the middle of the video everytime I opened it, causing my whole computer to lock up.

It may also help if you designate the frame rate in your DirectShowSource() function. Sometimes a encoder can't read what the frame rate is, and so is chokes. Maybe the same thing is happening here.

steve77
3rd March 2007, 20:21
I don't think that it is actually MeGUI that is crashing.

Oh, wait, so you haven't started encoding yet, huh? Try turning off the preview window in MeGUI settings and see if that helps at all. I had the same problem a while back, except it was because of a crazy long script that tried to seek to the middle of the video everytime I opened it, causing my whole computer to lock up.

It may also help if you designate the frame rate in your DirectShowSource() function. Sometimes a encoder can't read what the frame rate is, and so is chokes. Maybe the same thing is happening here.

I did try closing the preview window, to no avail. However, I'll try and specify the framerate and see what it gives.

Thanks for the help as always

EDIT: Tried it, it's a no go.... and to make sure that I wasn't hallucinating, I tried it with a Mpeg2Source, and it worked with MeGUi.

For me, Megui, SeeSaw() and DirectShowSource don't play nice. It'd be good if someone else could test it out.

sazoki
25th March 2007, 01:37
plz,,,,

help me to know how to use MeGUI to convert any movies to mp4

which i can put it on my Ipod 5.5

give me the way to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,plz

check
25th March 2007, 01:48
try the mewiki, which is actually alive again :)

sazoki
25th March 2007, 01:53
thanks

put do y know the way to convert with an arabic subtitle

for any ,,,,,,,,,,,

Adub
25th March 2007, 05:10
Ah well now, that is good to hear, check.
I was getting worried.
Here is the link sazoki,
http://mewiki.project357.com/index.php?title=Guides:Ipod_Conversion_Guide

Also, if you want to overlay a subtitle on to the video you are converting, you should look into Avisynth and the Textsub plugin.
I have updated my sig.

check
25th March 2007, 12:18
It's 100% back now, the 'correct' urls are /wiki/articlename, but the 'real' urls of index.php?title=articlename also work fine. All links forward to the former type, so it's fully compatible.

lucassp
26th March 2007, 15:55
guys, i've got a small problem:

a=DirectShowSource("D:\1.EVO",fps=23.976,audio=false)
b=DirectShowSource("D:\2.EVO",fps=23.976,audio=false)
VC1=a+b
crop(VC1, 0, 144, 0, -136)
trim(VC1, 25000, 25500)

ok...under Windows Media Player 6.4 everything plays fine. but, when i'm trying to encode this in MeGUI the output is 1920x1080 instead of 1920x800...it's skipping the crop procedure and I don't know why!

check
26th March 2007, 16:45
try this:
VC1 = crop(VC1, 0, 144, 0, -136)

lucassp
26th March 2007, 17:45
are there any other ways to import VC-1 into AVISynth+MeGUI??

Edit: 10x, it works!

check
26th March 2007, 18:40
nope, fraid not.

gordonwatts
2nd April 2007, 04:58
I've not run MeGUI in a while, but I did update everything before I did this test.

I created a avs script and pointed MeGUI at ot. amd tjem selected a single auido info (a .ac3 file). I used the ND ACC encoder, and the NDAAC-HE-64Kbps profile. The job starts encoding the audio and runs for about an hour or so before crashing. The crash is correct -- there is no .mp4 file left behind as output. But the command seems like it must have done something since it ran for an hour (nor can I find the mp4 file in some other location).

Have I done something dumb here?

--> Tried out the LAME MP3 encoder too -- and had the same problem. No .mp3 file seems to have been produced where the jobs expected it. It looks like this is run directly from within the MeGUI.exe -- I'll try staring at the source code...

Processor found!
Starting job job1-1 at 7:18:21 PM
Starting preprocessing of job...
Preprocessing finished!
encoder commandline:

Generating jobs. Desired size: 734003200 bytes
Setting desired size of video to 734003200 bytes
Processing ended at 7:53:52 PM

Log for job job1-1

Channels=2, BitsPerSample=16, SampleRate=48000Hz
C:\Program Files\megui\tools\neroaacenc\neroAacEnc.exe -ignorelength -he -br 64000 -if - -of "Z:\Ninth Configuration\Ninth Configuration T01 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 0ms.mp4"Error:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'Z:\Ninth Configuration\Ninth Configuration T01 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 0ms.mp4'.
File name: 'Z:\Ninth Configuration\Ninth Configuration T01 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 0ms.mp4'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileInfo.get_Length()
at MeGUI.AudioEncoder.sendStatusUpdateToGUI(StatusUpdate su)
at MeGUI.AviSynthAudioEncoder.raiseEvent(StatusUpdate e)
at MeGUI.AviSynthAudioEncoder.setProgress(Double n, Int32 currentSample)
at MeGUI.AviSynthAudioEncoder.encode()
* Nero Digital Audio Reference MPEG-4 & 3GPP Audio Encoder *
* Copyright (C) 2006 Nero AG *
* All Rights Reserved Worldwide *
* Package build date: Feb 12 2007 *
* See -help for a complete list of available parameters. *

Processed 1591 second

The current job contains errors. Skipping chained jobs

ChronoCross
3rd April 2007, 06:50
it analyses the file beforehand and makes selected adjustments. I'm wondering if you manually set the parameters of the encoder. Nero is quirky and has lots of presets on what it will and will not let you do. If you changed anything about the profile you used including bitrate or anything please let us know. I don't think the default profile would error out like that

Lele-brz
17th April 2007, 13:01
Hi all,
I'd like to use MeGUI to encode a h264 video that should be streamed on the net, is there a particular profile to use in order to have the header at the beginning of the file so to start playing it as soon as the first kilobytes are downloaded?
thanks

bye

Zhelkus
20th April 2007, 04:43
Hi everybody! I'm not sure if this is the thread to post MeGUI bugs or not. If not then please tell or move my post, either one is fine.

I'm not sure if this is something really important but I'm sure it wasn't present in previous releases:

When trying to choose the output file, no matter what is typed into the text field, it won't take it into consideration unless the file is manually saved via the [...] button. Now this sucks. It's been so much easier to simply type where we want the file to go.
On the queue tab, when pressing the button to load a particular job's settings....it won't load it!

And on another note, how long will it be for another release? I read in another thread that Sharktooth is having issues with his ISP but can't somebody else upload the files? I mean, if he can log into a computer and post on this forum...then....right?

maja_ldm
20th April 2007, 23:19
the nod32 alert says x264 created a virus (there was also another in the non temporary file) and it cancelled the files so 1click process stopped displaying 'error' in the second pass, what has happend?

Log for job job2-3

avis [info]: 576x576 @ 25.00 fps (370654 frames)
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities MMX MMXEXT SSE 3DNow!
x264 [warning]: VBV maxrate specified, but no bufsize.
x264 [error]: ratecontrol_init: can't open stats file
x264 [error]: x264_encoder_open failed

-----------------------------------------------------------

is it better askin in a x264 thread?

check
21st April 2007, 00:14
it's just nod32 failing :) someone else had the same issue yonks ago, I think they just added the extension .stats to the NOD32 ignore list.

Tanma
24th April 2007, 03:11
What's the problem of megui with vsfilter/textsub?

The encode finishes, but while playing the video, in some ending karaokes it shows "avisynth: unknown exception" on the top, and the screen turns black.

Now I have encoded other video, and a correct line (timing OK, it's not commented), is just missing from the video.

With Virtuadub I had no errors. In fact, I never had problems using textsub in Virtualdub. The scripts are .ass, made with Aegisub. The VSFilter version is 1.0.1.3.

I'm using Windows XP SP1, Pentium 2.53GHz, 1GB ram.

maja_ldm
24th April 2007, 10:34
thank you to check

DarkNite
24th April 2007, 12:22
@Tanma

I've never had an issue using SSA/ASS subtitles in my AviSynth script and running it through MeGUI (a little typesetting, some proper sign placing, and a few effects here and there makes things a lot more pleasant to look at on a large screen LCD). I've also been using Aegisub since it was first released for public consumption as well.

Could you share any more information? Were any of the lines in your script merged using something other than "Merge(keep first)"? Have you changed the video sizing or line break setup for your script since you first edited it in Aegisub? Etc...

check
25th April 2007, 13:37
I've killed my mirror for the time being, I just realised it wasn't updating properly by itself. Since nothing has been updated recently it didn't send out old files to clients thankfully.

SacredCultivator
26th April 2007, 21:09
hmmm I am not sure what happened but whenever I do an encode and it is nearing 100% I get this:
http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/8708/untitledvc4.th.jpg (http://img386.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitledvc4.jpg)

And this happens for every script I load into MeGUI, my scripts mainly consist of:
MPEG2Source("Filepath.d2v")
tfm(pp=5,cthresh=3,mode=0).tdecimate()
Crop(4,0,-2,-0)
Spline36Resize(640,480)
Removegrain(2)

So not too sure if anyone knows what might be the problem... thanks.
EDIT:
Log for job job1

Input colorspace is YV12
Detected CPU flags: ASM MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 3DNOW 3DNOWEXT TSC

Tot: enctime(ms) =1321395.00, length(bytes) = 143152740
Avg: enctime(ms) = 194.92, fps = 5.13, length(bytes) = 21117
I frames: 567 frames, size = 42936/24344822, quants = 3 / 3.00 / 3
P frames: 1495 frames, size = 24345/36396592, quants = 3 / 3.00 / 3
B frames: 2889 frames, size = 9251/26727005, quants = 5 / 5.00 / 5
S frames: 1825 frames, size = 30511/55684321, quants = 3 / 3.00 / 3

EDIT: Nvm.. Find out the reason... It is due to it being a .avi, as .vob scrips work.
Example:
AVIFileSource("D:\Music Videos\Other\Maki Goto - Some Boys Touch.avi")
That is what I have for .AVI's (Made with AVSEdit)

So not too sure what to change it to, to allow me to process the .avi

PS: Also I can't seem to update my MeGUI to the latest CORE version... I update it and restart and well it is the same version again...

check
27th April 2007, 02:20
to your updating question, just download the correct core & update.xml from megui.org/auto

SacredCultivator
27th April 2007, 03:25
thanks for the update link.

check
29th April 2007, 16:21
Hi all, due to the lack of movement in terms of MeGUI's development, I have created an alternate update cache.
http://mewiki.project357.com/auto2/
If you would like to use this cache, make sure you set it as the ONLY source, it will not be synchronised with the official cache. So far, I have just updated some of the external files, but if time allows I hope to begin poking around in MeGUI and starting work on it as well.
The updated files are all the bleeding edge versions I use, if anyone runs into problems with them, please post a problem report here. If you know of a newer version of a file in the cache, please also PM me.

Sharktooth, berrinam, doom9: are any of you still interested in workin on MeGUI? I know ST is probably still moving house and waiting for internets, but berrinam hasn't posted in years or replied to PMs and doom9 is obviously far busier than he used to be.

michaelhill
30th April 2007, 14:46
@check

Thanks, i recieved 13 updates. Right now I am making a Anime backup, if i encounter any problems i will let you know

michaelhill
30th April 2007, 14:57
I hope, that megui will continue to develop. I have tried staxrip today and had nottin else then errors and warning. Megui has never failed on me (yet) , lets see if it stays working fine with these 13 updates

SacredCultivator
6th May 2007, 21:45
Hmm for some reason... whenever I try to do anything with MeGUI the program just exits... So then when I load a script in it shows the preview and then once I click on 'Enqueue' the program quits...

Dunno what it might be... If the source is .avi which should be used.
AVISource
AVIFileSource
DirectDrawSource
Not sure if that may be causing it...

check
7th May 2007, 03:18
are you using vista? megui doesn't work properly on vista.

SacredCultivator
7th May 2007, 03:59
Nopes using Win XP SP2... Vista is too bleh right now...

ALso... Not only that problem but when it DOESN'T exit and i do an encode I get the same error message I got in my above post but the file is encoded (And can be played) but that message pops up and even when I quit the program that occurs as well... So I have no idea what may be causing this... When checking the log I always get that same message.

PS: So yeah if using .avi as the source,
Which is the most recommended of the following:
-AVISource
-AVIFileSource
-DirectDrawSource

homerpez
8th May 2007, 02:18
First post since my waiting period... it's been hell. :devil:

Anyway, I wanted to run this by someone, I'm very new to this... currently I'm trying to encode HD-DVD to a smaller h264 (x264?) stream, with 5.1 ac3 audio, and packaging it all into an .mkv. I don't like fumbling with discs...

Following a couple other threads (over 100+ pages worth, ouch) I did finally get some success... I figured out how to resize an hd-dvd stream to 720p, I figured out (finally!) how to convert the 7.1 DD+ stream to 5.1 ac3... and I even stumbled onto MeGUI, which seems to be my best chance to do most of this one one prog.

I have to ask, though... is it normal for a 2-pass x264 stream to take DAYS to encode in MeGUI? :confused:

The source being a 2-hour film, resized to 1280x500-some (cropped), avs file into MeGUI. The first pass took roughly 5 hours. The second pass was estimated at 1 DAY, 14 hours.

My machine is a dual core (AMD 4200 64 x2) with 2GB RAM. This seems REALLY long to me. CPU is running with both cores blazing between 50% (when set to priority "low") to near 100% (set to "high").

Is this normal?...

Secondly, and not as important, what kind of bitrate can i get away with on a ~720p re-encode? I'm thinking with 2-pass I can get away with 5000 or maybe even 4000. I did one encode at 8000 CBR (and it only took about 7 hours total), but I think that's overkill on bitrate.

Thanks in advance for help/comments/answers... great forum! :thanks:

check
8th May 2007, 04:06
As to your first question: it depends on the source and the encoder options. If you have a complex avisynth script it will be slower. If you use high x264 settings it will be slower. If you want to speed it up remember saggitaire's mantra: "use of x264 is not obligation to use of high quality settings"! ;) Personally your encoding time is shorter than mine, I generally use options so that mine will run from when I start it in the evening for about 40hrs total.
As to your second question: it depends on the source, and on what quality you find acceptable. You can easily find the answer to these questions if you follow this method:
o trim() out a few thousand frames of your movie, and encode them with x264 --crf (aka constant quality) changing the ratefactor until you find the setting you like that balances quality with filesize (the range you should look at is 18-24 probably).
o remove the trim() and replace with selectrangeevery(600,12). Then encode the video to your target ratefactor from above in constant quality again. The output filesize will be around 1/51th of what it would be had you encoded the full thing.
o Remove the selectrageevery() and use the information collected above to work out a good bitrate.

Tanma
9th May 2007, 21:54
Has vobsub or dvobsub anything related to x264 or megui functionality, that would cause bugs during encode like the one i've specified before?

check
10th May 2007, 04:47
They are subtitle filters that can be used in avisynth through the textsub() command. If you are using them, make sure you have the latest 2.37 version (the patched copy in the latest CCCP betas fixes a few more bugs).

tecxx
14th May 2007, 16:58
hy, i've changed to the alternate update server and downloaded the updates for the external files, encoding so far worked fine, but when i try to start the mkvmerge tool (i use it for mkv muxing) i get the error:

the application has failed to start because wxbase26u_gcc_custom.dll was not found.

in the mkvmerge directory these dlls are present:
wxbase253u_gcc_custom.dll
wxmsw253u_core_gcc_custom.dll
wxmsw253u_html_gcc_custom.dll

should i install the newest mkvtoolnix package or can anyone fix this via autoupdate?

spstax
14th May 2007, 18:39
Hi
I'd like to have some information about the capabilities of megui to directly convert a .dv (sony) into a .mkv(using of course the x264 codec and if possible a good aac audio compression).

I have already consulted the pages dedicated to the .dv ripping but I have not found the answers to my questions.
I really want to use Megui because it is the most powerful and comprehensive ripping program I know and because it uses the x264 codec which is for me the best video codec.

I know how to rip DVDs and re-encode videos but I have not found how to do so with a DV file. I have failed to find a solution with google that is why I ask it in this post.

The program refuses to process the .dv from the first step, when creating a avisynth script.

When I select the video input, the following message appears :

DIRECT SHOW ERROR
Unable to render the file.
You probably don't have the correct filters installed

My problem seems to be that this .dv is not readable by directshow, so avisynth cannot open it, and I should try to find a filter reading the .dv
I can't read these files with media player classic which uses the directshow filters (I have installed the K lite mega codec pack), although I can read them with VLC that uses built in filters.
so maybe could I find the proper filter in VLC and import it in Avisynth??

I have already tried to search for such a filter all over the internet but I have found nothing. All that I know is that the .dv video is coming from a sony handy cam.

To conclude:
- is the finding of a .dv directshow filter the proper solution, and if yes do such a filter exist or not?

Thanks answers of your answers

Dr.Khron
15th May 2007, 14:52
Trying to find and download individual codecs is a fools errand. IMHO, FFDShow is the only way to go. If you already have a recent version of FFDShow installed, you might already have what you need installed.

Also IMHO, the CCCP Codec pack is far superior to KLite.

My recomendation is to completely uninstall all codecs, codec packs, filters and spliters, and do a clean install of CCCP with Media Player Classic. This is now my standard recomendation for EVERYONE, even friends and family of limited technical knowledge.

This might fix your problem right away, or you might have to configure FFDShow. Either way, you correctly diagnosed your problem: you need a DV decoder.

killerhex
16th May 2007, 04:33
i cant update to the latest core of megui in the update windows it doesnt appear

berrinam
16th May 2007, 05:45
Make sure that you are using the default servers, not check's auto2 one. That is no longer available.

check
16th May 2007, 07:40
My entire server's DNS was updated late last night, It won't be back until the nameservers propogate through the interwebs to your ISPs' DNS server and it rerequests records.

OverlordQ
18th May 2007, 07:34
MeGUI wont check past the first successful hit, and in mine the first in the list is:

http://megui.org/auto/stable/

which hasn't been updated since 27-Mar-2007

So either take the stable off or wait for another stable release.

foxyshadis
18th May 2007, 17:58
If you change the top dropdown from stable to development, it'll use the others. (Admittedly I didn't realize it would happen until I played with it a bit.)

edekba
28th May 2007, 00:42
Hey guys, I've been wondering how do I get the vobsubber to work? I run the vob file through it and it gives me a .vobsub file. What do i do to this, so i can mux it into a mkv w/the audio and video?

I looked at using DVDsubEdit & SubRip using .sup files but mkvmerge doesnt seem to recongize .sup files.

thanks!

Pingachevsky
28th May 2007, 04:20
I'm at my wits end with this updating business...I got the latest build, I try to update it, and these 13 files never get updated correctly...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/lord_of_the_ping/OHGODWHYMEWHYME.png
I note that they seem to be avisynth plugins...but when I actually was able to get megui working last (months ago) you didn't need to install avisynth seperately so unless something has changed I can't rightly figure out what I'm doing wrong...I tried updating the core manually and put "upgrade.xml" in the megui directory but nothing helps at all. Help please?

check
28th May 2007, 06:07
you always need avisynth installed :) It's basically a useless program without avisynth.