PDA

View Full Version : Ignore error function in DVD Decrypter

MasterSource
28th May 2005, 16:38
hi there,

im having a few problems with the 'ignore errors', and software and hardware retry functions in DVD decrypter

ive been trying to find some information on them, without success. i have had several discs over the years that didnt play properly or couldnt entirely decrypt cos of errors. however (assuming i understand the function properly) checking 'ignore errors' hasnt changed anything, sometimes the discs still wont decrypt

also, what exactly is meant by hardware and software retries?

thank you!

LIGHTNING UK!
28th May 2005, 19:29
Hardware retries are what the drive performs itself - hidden from the user.

Software retries are what I perform in the program. So if hardware retries = 10, 2 software retries is effectively 20 hardware retries.

Ignore read errors just tells the program to not display the I/O error box when the drive returns an error after attempting to read a sector. The program behaves as if the 'ignore' button was pressed.

If your drive is still getting stuck reading, it probably cant cope with errors at all.

Paulcat
30th May 2005, 21:15
You can also use nero drive speed to slow down your drive, I've had some success with this when reading at maximum produced errors...

ukb008
5th June 2005, 03:17
What I do while using DVDDecrypter is that I keep both Hardware Retries and Software Retries to 0, and Ignore Read Errors. That speeds up things. I don't need retries because I've seen that if DVDDecrypter can't do it on the first try, then chances are very good that the sector is really unreadable in that setup.

I said 'in that setup' because I've seen that things change with a different computer or a different drive.

Regards.