PDA

View Full Version : Updated Radeon Drivers Killed my Capture

grindlestone
23rd April 2005, 03:22
I updadted my 2k machine to the newest drivers for my Radeon 9600 VIVO (Catalyst 5.4) and promptly lost the ability to capture video. Just get a black screen in the window. I uninstalled them using the ATI uninstal utility and reinstalled the old set (4.9) but still no capture through either Power Director, VirtualVCR od VirtualDub.

Obviously some setting has been modified and I need to change it back, but I am at the limit of my knowledge.

Any suggestions?

Axed
23rd April 2005, 06:46
Simple question first, did you run thru the settings in those programs for the capture card? It would have reset any of the settings you originally had after installing the drivers. Can you preview the TV thru any of the capture programs also?

Boulder
23rd April 2005, 08:03
Did you install the capture driver as well? IIRC both nVIDIA and ATI supply separate video and capture drivers.

grindlestone
23rd April 2005, 08:52
Thanks guys,

I checked settings first and fixed those that needed it. As far as I know they're all setup correctly.

I cannot preview video at all. The windows are just black.

The ATI set installs the capture drivers automatically.

I never had this trouble before!

Boulder
23rd April 2005, 15:35
Have you tried asking/searching over at Rage3D forums? There's probably the best ATI knowledge there.

grindlestone
24th April 2005, 00:07
Thanks Boulder,

I'm going through the forums now - though they seem to be the slowest in the known universe!

jggimi
24th April 2005, 14:46
You DID uninstall all ATI drivers and software, reboot, and let Windows discover a "Standard VGA" card before installing, didn't you? ATI driver updates require this. So of course you did. ;)