View Full Version : Desmooth

22nd April 2005, 01:32
Imported a .d2v file into Vdubmod for deinterlacing (video is combed in 1/5 frames) using:

(assumeBFF produced stop and go playing)
With "alternate field order" (both checked and unchecked) in desmooth I moved frame to frame and the picture moved up and down. Not sure what the cause is, can't find enough information at 100fps.com or desmooth website.

22nd April 2005, 04:32
I've never heard of "desmooth". Where is the web site?

22nd April 2005, 05:55
Deinterlace-smooth, Vdub plugin. (Bob + Weave)

22nd April 2005, 06:02
I suggest you post a VOB fragment, so we can assess whether you are choosing the correct tools for your video.

If you have 1 in 5 frames interlaced, why would you want to deinterlace every frame? And why do you want double rate output?

22nd April 2005, 17:36
When clip (VOB) is played at normal speed (on PC) the video looks combed especially around moving areas. (VOB is taken from a DVD). I tried other deinterlacers (area-based, kernel, fielddeint, smart, DGBob, deint) and results are mostly "jagged" edges and motion isn't very fluid. Blending produces pretty good results but lacks some fluidity. I read that deinterlace-smooth produces very fluid video which is why I wanted to try it. I tried it (alternate field order unchecked) and something was wrong (picture bobbed and somewhat fuzzy).

(Attachment not accepted)

22nd April 2005, 18:14
Post a link to a VOB fragment if you want proper support.

Alternatively, upload it to my FTP and notify me here of its filename.

22nd April 2005, 19:38

22nd April 2005, 19:52
I asked for a VOB fragment.