PDA

View Full Version : Editing a MENU in a Already Authored DVD Guide

sweetness
12th April 2005, 15:50
Editing a MENU in a Already Authored DVD (http://dvdguides.netgeekhosting.com/guides/edit_menu/)
I wrote a guide on editing a menu. It is ideal of menus that were stilled with vobblanker's motion2still or menushrink(the main reason i made it.) It looks a little long but i tried to cover a lot of things. after a couple of times you will fly threw it.
If anyone sees something that is wrong or doesn't make any sense please tell me. thanks

Msc_Alex
12th April 2005, 21:04
Looks very good, using "the next generation" tools.
:goodpost:
lets play.

CoNS
12th April 2005, 21:52
Very nice guide, indeed. Thanks a lot, sweetness :)

An alternative method, using older tools, is described here (http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=555936#post555936) by.... Msc_Alex! :p

blutach
12th April 2005, 22:24
Nice!

Couple of comments:

1. If cell 1 and cell 2 have the same VCID - there is no need to duplicate the operation of hiding buttons.

2. Button hiders might also like to consider not hiding the button and simply using the command Link Top Cell, Highlight Button 1. Of course, if they are going to actually edit the menu display to not show the text then hiding the button makes perfect sense.

Regards

sweetness
13th April 2005, 01:03
using "the next generation" tools.
that's another reason why i wrote the guide. to show the features of those tool. they(the tools) have made my life a lot easier, big thanks to the authors of them. :)
1. If cell 1 and cell 2 have the same VCID - there is no need to duplicate the operation of hiding buttons.
blutach, did not know that. thanks

Oh ya, you can even change the button postions or order of them too. just takes a little more work.

BTW, can not figure this out for the life of me(don't know much about subs) how do i take a bmp file and make it as a sup file? tried some programs but couldn't figure them out. thanks

r0lZ
13th April 2005, 10:00
Nice guide, Sweetness!

Some remarks:

3 is the program number for that menu followed by the time for that program. (1:19)That's not true. The 3 is the PGC (or Program Chain) number, not the Program number.
A PGC is made of one or several programs, which in turn are made of one or several cells.

With the same menu selected press the Menu button in the tool bar (its green). By default cell #1 will be shownThe first cell with buttons will be shown. It's not always cell #1. For example, if cell 1 is an intro w/o buttons, cell 2 will be shown.

there is no need to export the color scheme of cell #2 because it is the same as cell #1.Although the color sheme will probably be the same as in cell 1, it's not an obligation. It is theorically possible to use another color sheme in all cells of the same PGC (but there is only one color lookup table per PGC, defined in the IFOs.)
In the current version of PgcEdit, the color shemes's default filename includes the cell number for this reason. For example "vts05_menu1_03_c1.csm".

sweetness
13th April 2005, 15:53
thank r0lZ,
the first one i knew just missed it, but the other two i didn't, guess that's why you're here :).