PDA

View Full Version : How can I find where the layer break is in a DVD?

Carlos Garcia
9th April 2005, 07:04
I want to burn my first dual layered disc, and would like to see how the layer switch will play on my DVD player. Is there some way I can find the exact point where the layer break is so I can see the switch? Is there a program available that will show me the exact point on a DVD where the layer switch takes place? Thanks for the info.

Carlos Garcia
14th April 2005, 02:01
Does such a program exist? Anyone?

Video Dude
14th April 2005, 05:54
IfoEdit by Derrow.

Open the main movie ifo. You should see the layer break in the pane above the bottom buttons. Look at the Program Chains. You might have to scroll. Then look at the time codes.

blutach
15th April 2005, 06:26
Even easier is the nice GUI provided by PgcEdit. Be very careful about the rules in respect of layer sizes and where you place the LB (not to mention the image/audio aesthetics).

Regards

FilipeAmadeuO
17th April 2005, 10:22
Where is that GUI in PGCEdit ?

blutach
17th April 2005, 15:22
Double click on the PGC that contains the main movie (let's assume it is a feature film, not an episodic DVD). The PGC Editor appears showing cells, chapters, times, VOBU start/end info etc. Also showing are the flags and a checkbox represeting the LB, which will usually be ion the middle of the movie.

Regards

Carlos Garcia
17th April 2005, 20:58
Originally posted by blutach
Double click on the PGC that contains the main movie (let's assume it is a feature film, not an episodic DVD). The PGC Editor appears showing cells, chapters, times, VOBU start/end info etc. Also showing are the flags and a checkbox represeting the LB, which will usually be ion the middle of the movie.

Regards

What if it is an episodic DVD, where could we find the layer break then?

lark
18th April 2005, 03:51
double click all the PGCs that have somewhat lenghty play time until you find it ;-)

regards
t :)