PDA

View Full Version : Nero AVC & Mac OSX

Snollygoster
5th April 2005, 06:00
Is there any way to play AVC content in Mac OSX? VLC plays them with 90% artifacts and it crashes after a couple of seconds or if one tries to seek a bit further in the file... Any help would be appreciated.

Neo Neko
5th April 2005, 09:07
Recent CVS versions should be fine. I am not however aware of a site with Mac CVS compiles. Google should know though.

video
5th April 2005, 13:38
tiger/qt7 reported playing nero digitals w/o any problems.

toke
5th April 2005, 18:08
Ok, any comparisons between nero & qt7 about picture quality?

bond
5th April 2005, 18:18
theoretically any player handling avc-in-mp4 will also handle nerodigital produced avc-in-mp4 files, so you dont need to look out for "nerodigital" to be mentioned
but sorry, cant help you more, dunno much about mac :(

Originally posted by video
tiger/qt7 reported playing nero digitals w/o any problems. really? so qt7 will support avc in .mp4 and not only in .mov? cool :D
or are you talking about simple profile video in .mp4?

video
5th April 2005, 19:20
Originally posted by bond
theoretically any player handling avc-in-mp4 will also handle nerodigital produced avc-in-mp4 files, so you dont need to look out for "nerodigital" to be mentioned
but sorry, cant help you more, dunno much about mac :(

really? so qt7 will support avc in .mp4 and not only in .mov? cool :D
or are you talking about simple profile video in .mp4?

afaik mov and mp4 is almost the same. however you can do file>export mpeg4 movie.

I given back a 720p avc mp4 from the guy who was made the interop tests for me (he is mac evangelizer) and it was played okay in showtime. Note that, atm qt7 is not as efficient as ateme, rather close to x264 - however qt7 is still beta.

bond
5th April 2005, 19:22
interesting info :)

video
5th April 2005, 19:40
Originally posted by bond
interesting info :)
it was may rough estimation about the quality. since i don't have tiger/qt7, i dunno how much effort was made with the encoder setup.

Elias
10th April 2005, 13:54
http://homepage.mac.com/major4/index.html