PDA

View Full Version : 2 bin files to 1 avi ... ?

ubernewb
31st March 2005, 10:26
first off, thanks for having a newbie forum here... makes me feel better knowing there's a place i can ask simple questions without feeling like a moron. ;)

(insert long-winded story of newbishness and recent experiments here)

:D

and now the meat and potatoes..

i've got a couple movies in .bin format that i would love to convert to a single .avi file. everything i've found searching has told me that every .bin has a matching .cue file for it... well mine don't. i never thought anything of it, since xbmc reads them fine as is. is there anything out there that will combine 2 (or 3) .bin files and convert to one .avi? preferably without taking 8+ hours to do..?

thanks in advance for any input on this.

boing2
31st March 2005, 13:11
Originally posted by ubernewb
first off, thanks for having a newbie forum here... makes me feel better knowing there's a place i can ask simple questions without feeling like a moron. ;)

(insert long-winded story of newbishness and recent experiments here)

:D

and now the meat and potatoes..

i've got a couple movies in .bin format that i would love to convert to a single .avi file. everything i've found searching has told me that every .bin has a matching .cue file for it... well mine don't. i never thought anything of it, since xbmc reads them fine as is. is there anything out there that will combine 2 (or 3) .bin files and convert to one .avi? preferably without taking 8+ hours to do..?

thanks in advance for any input on this.

Hi, another newb here, as far as I know you can do a bin/cue to mpeg with VCDGear, it is a great utility with an easy to use interface

Try here: (OH ITS FREE BTW, GOD BLESS THEM LOL)

http://www.vcdgear.com/

If you view this screenshot you can see the 'bin to mpeg' function:
[Over-sized image removed-ammck55]

Hope this helps

ammck55
31st March 2005, 14:29
Both of you need to read the Announcement (http://forum.doom9.org/announcement.php?s=&forumid=6/). It's the very first document at the top of the page in BIG, RED, CAPITAL LETTERS.

Thread closed.