PDA

View Full Version : Playback Freezes after IFOEdit PAL to NTSC

TheTooleMan
23rd March 2005, 00:46
I have used IFOEdit on many DVD's to convert PAL to NTSC, and it has worked great until now. Now I have some PAL DVD's that will not play back properly after converting them to NTSC with IFOEdit. They freeze every 30 seconds or so, then start playing again after several seconds. This goes on freezing and playing until I give up.

How can I get around this problem?

I'm using a Sony DVP-NS725P for playback, which works great on everything else. The DVD's in question were made with a Panasonic E50 region-free UK PAL recorder, for what that's worth.

TheTooleMan

sweetness
23rd March 2005, 05:18
hi TheTooleMan and welcome.
that method is a "patch" and does not work all the time.
see here (http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=221928)

BTW my friend and i have the same player and if i remember correctly he said that the "patch" method didn't work. guess i have to try and see if it works with me.

blutach
23rd March 2005, 06:10
You might try to convert them with something like Nero Vision Express, but it is very iffy.

This method (http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=209166) may also work (but you will need to work inversely).

Regards

sweetness
23rd March 2005, 07:29
my gorlfriend has a cheap player ($40) and that thing plays both formats. i'm convinced it play pancakes too :D
you might want to look at something like that if you have alot of PAl disc.

bongoman31
24th August 2005, 21:52
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I'm about to pull my hair out trying to convert a PAL disk to NTSC. (I'm just about ready to go spend $60 on a new DVD player) but now it is a challenge. I tried following Blutach's above referenced thread in another forum, which addresses NTSC to PAL. I guess I'm not smart enough to just reverse it, and the guy addresses going the other way, but he says "When someone wishes to convert PAL to NTSC, the first step is to run Telecline, so to convert 25 tp 24 fps (2:2 pull down removal) and then patch to 23.97 fps with avifrate... The next step is to use 3:2 pull down so to boost 23.97 to 29.97." This is in VirtualdubMod, by the way. Can someone help me with this step to adjust the framerate? Thanks