PDA

View Full Version : How to strip AAC out of MP4 container?

absinthe
4th March 2005, 22:38
Anyone know how to strip AAC out of the *.MP4 container BeSweet puts it in? I need to mux it in with AVC video already in an MP4 container, and the mp4creator commandline doesn't take MP4 as input. In fact, it specifies *.AAC as a filetype option.

Alternatively, if you happen to know a way to mux the AAC-in-MP4 directly into AVC-in-MP4, lemme know.

Thanks,

-abs

Doom9
4th March 2005, 22:52
please read my reply to your questions in the container forum. Now you really need to try harder enough because you've just crossposted.

Elias
6th March 2005, 06:33
Originally posted by absinthe
Anyone know how to strip AAC out of the *.MP4 container BeSweet puts it in? I need to mux it in with AVC video already in an MP4 container, and the mp4creator commandline doesn't take MP4 as input. In fact, it specifies *.AAC as a filetype option.

Alternatively, if you happen to know a way to mux the AAC-in-MP4 directly into AVC-in-MP4, lemme know.

Thanks,

-abs Well, I use mp4UI to extract the AAC track out of the *.mp4 container. Although mp4UI is heavily buggy at the moment, and I wouldn't recommend it for creating *.mp4 streams, extracting seems to work top notch. At least for AAC :D