PDA

View Full Version : VOBBlanker - having trouble blanking out episodes

nwpsys
24th February 2005, 20:41
I am trying to use VobBlanker to remove three episodes from a six episode disc to enable me to make 2 discs of 3 eps each, but with all the menus and extras intact on both.

Here is the screen I see.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/n.poore/VOBB-LoG1.png

I then set PGCs 5,6 and 7 to blank, but because they are zero length ( it seems all the eps are gathered in PGC 1 ? ) the space saved doesn't change at all.

I can process successfully, but I get files that will not play in my software player.

This is my first use of VOBBlanker, so apologies if this is a beginners mistake :) but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

nwpsys

jsoto
24th February 2005, 20:57
Seems all the episodes are all togheter in PGC 1 of VTS 1.

So, you have to blank cell by cell

Select the PGC1 and click on "cells". You will get a new list with the cells.

jsoto

nwpsys
24th February 2005, 21:28
Thanks, jsoto, I'll give that a try.

nwpsys

blutach
24th February 2005, 23:56
Just to add to jsotos advice:

PGCs 2-7 are probably your other titles (episodes), but they are clearly marked as reused cells (and probably simply represent certain VobIDs pulled out from PGC1).

Regards

nwpsys
25th February 2005, 15:30
Thanks, Blutach.

I'm sure I'll get to grips with it after some practice on different discs.

Do you know if there is a VobBlanker guide anywhere ? I Googled to the one on videohelp, and there did used to be another somewhere but it got lost according to the web page.

Cheers,

nwpsys

sweetness
25th February 2005, 16:29
hi nwpsys check your pm

blutach
26th February 2005, 00:27
jsoto spent a lotta time writing the in-built help file!

And there's some other VobBlanker threads here.

But, yes, after a bit you be an expert.

Experiment - you simply can't go wrong. If you screw up, simply reinstate your files. VobBlanker destroys nothing - it has a backup folder for input folder processing and if you process to a different folder, then your original files are not touched!

Regards

dragongodz
26th February 2005, 01:03
i have seen it done this way for plenty of episodic dvds.

PGC 1 = all episodes.
PGC 2 = episode 1
PGC 3 = episode 2
etc. all using the same footage.

its very easy to tell. look at the total number of cells for PGC 1, 37. now add up the total cells for PGC's 2 to 7, wow its 37. so as you can see the episodes are just mapped to use the same, but limited amount of, cells as the play all(PGC 1).

so to blank out an episode you would need to remove it being referenced as both a single play episode and also in the play all aswell.

nwpsys
28th February 2005, 15:52
Thanks, dragongodz, the play-all feature hadn't occurred to me, but now the layout makes a lot more sense.

So, do I need to perform two steps ?

1) Go into cell level in PGC1 and blank cells that relate to the eps I want to blank.

2) Blank the indivdual PGC itself for each ep I wish to remove.

@blutach, I'll spend a bit more time with the online help and just have a play around. Seems well worth the benefit :)

nwpsys

jsoto
28th February 2005, 20:18
So, do I need to perform two steps ?

1) Go into cell level in PGC1 and blank cells that relate to the eps I want to blank.

2) Blank the indivdual PGC itself for each ep I wish to remove.
No. It is enough the first step. Cells will be blanked in PGC 1 (first use of the cells), so the following PGCs will use the blanked cells.
In any case, some manual adjustments using a cell command or so on to avoid playing all the blank cells is recommended. Probably using an LinkCN or LinkPGN command in Cell commands area will do the trick.

jsoto