PDA

View Full Version : How to join sub from 2 stream / force sub question

SNP
30th January 2005, 03:44
Hi, I'm ripping an anime with 2 sub streams, 00 is for Japanese audio and 01 is for English. The problem is during the ending song, 00 only shows the pronounciation subtitle and the real English subtitle is on 01. How can I join the 2 Vobsub into one for xvid encoding without resort to subRip since as far as I know the encoding process is not smart enough to jump from one sub stream to another during encoding.

Regarding force sub, is there a utility out there that I can use to enable the force sub flag in Vobsub? I need that for Red Violin.

Thanks!

niamh
30th January 2005, 10:59
I'm not too sure if I understood you correctly, but if I did, I think you could first cut the pieces of each stream you want with vobsub cutter in the vobsub package. Then merge those you want to keep with vobsub joiner. Make sure you keep the original timestamps, and it should be straightforward.
As for your second question I actually don't know, but you can open your stream in subresync, highlight all the subtitles you need (CTRL+click) and save the selected subs as a new stream. Of course that'll make 2 streams :)

SNP
30th January 2005, 21:41
niamh, that's exactly what I do with others but if I apply that in this case, the sub I want at the end would still stay in the 2nd stream after I join them since subjoiner has no stream select option.
I'll give that a try regarding the 2nd part, thx!

niamh
31st January 2005, 08:12
Well save the whole subtitle to a different idx by highlighting the whole lot and save as, once they're 2 different files, they'll join fine won't they? ;)

SNP
1st February 2005, 02:53
Turned out it's a really simple solution, just open the .idx file in notepad change:
# English
id: en, index: 1
from 1 to 0 :)

lordyu
1st February 2005, 11:14
Sorry to say that I don't understand this at all.

But let me try to understand it, you have 2 vobsub streams: 00: Japanese and 01: English.

00: main movie subs in Japanese text + ending song subs in Japanese text
01: main movie subs in English text + no ending song subs at all

Am I right at this point?

Now, from your first post I thought you wanted to have only one stream like this:

00: main movie subs in English text + ending song subs in Japanese text

I thought that doesn't sound right but I was really confused from your first post.

Now, from your second post, it indicates that there is ending song subs in stream 01 and you want it. Now this makes me even more confused whether you want:

00: main movie subs in Japanese text + ending song subs in English

or the previous one.

Originally posted by SNP
Turned out it's a really simple solution, just open the .idx file in notepad change:
# English
id: en, index: 1
from 1 to 0 :)
You do that before playing the movie? to the ripped 2-stream idx/sub? or before using something like VobSub Joiner?

I'm not an anime fan so I have no idea what the subs are like. But I would imagine that you want subs in English for main movie. For ending song I'm not sure. Does "pronounciation subs" mean subs in English text in Karaoke form? If so I would think you want that subs and in your first it sounds like this "pronounciation subs" stream is in 00. But then in your second post it sounds like you want ending song subs from 01. I'm really confused here!