PDA

View Full Version : v0.72 + CCE 2.70.01.05 = teh win

wfn1
28th January 2005, 01:03
Had a problematic encode that would freeze with 2.50.01.00 and 2.66.01.07 at the same spot. Wasn't a video_type=1 CBR adjustment issue since the cell was quite large. Anyhow, tried the demo of 2.70.01.05 and it worked like a charm. The question I have is: is there a better way making the updated CCE work with v0.72 than switching the .ecl header to ;blah blah Trial ?

Thank you.

RaistlinMajere
28th January 2005, 02:36
I use 2.70.01.05 trail without having to modify anything in any headers.

wfn1
28th January 2005, 03:57
strange it didnt work for me for some reason.. i get an error window, i think it's because i'm using an amd athlon xp

wfn1
28th January 2005, 06:50
strange, i just thought of something, i've been selecting CCE SP under the options>cce. If i select CCE Trial in there instead of that will it use the .exe path to "CCE SP (NEW)" that you specify in the setup screen and thus save me the trouble of updating the .ecl header?

Axlemar
28th January 2005, 07:30
Don't quote me on this but the trial header involves works edition and the full sp has a different header. If you use full sp header with the trial it will be different from the trials header and not work. So, yeah it should work with SP trial if you select SP trial.

pg55555
28th January 2005, 14:35
Version 0.72 added support for CCE 2.70 Trial but you have to change the settings. It is not clear to me if it added support for CCE 2.70 retail

sPeziFisH
28th January 2005, 15:07
All this discussions about DVD-RB and CCE 2.70 :o

I don't know what DVD-RB is looking for (ecl-header or window-title)(still starting using DVD-RB as I my first DVD-burner is fresh) but I guess the problem is that DVD-RB needs the right CCE-window-title to jump in; as some new or modified CCE-versions maybe don't fit DVD-RB doesn't want to do the job.

Just as a thought - don't want to feed you you with pseudo-smart treatments, do it yourself if you are interested in - you can use AutoIt to change window-titles to make things smooth:

AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode",2)
While 1
WinWaitActive("string-pattern")
WinSetTitle("string-pattern","","My new window-text")
WEnd

or use WinExists, if..then or whatever

edit: language

wfn1
28th January 2005, 20:02
Originally posted by pg55555
Version 0.72 added support for CCE 2.70 Trial but you have to change the settings. It is not clear to me if it added support for CCE 2.70 retail

okay, thats what i'm using. the trial 2.70.01.05 it says trial all over it and it watermarks the video. which setting do i need to change?

jdobbs
28th January 2005, 20:35
Originally posted by pg55555
Version 0.72 added support for CCE 2.70 Trial but you have to change the settings. It is not clear to me if it added support for CCE 2.70 retail Retail will work -- but set it as the "CCE SP" selection, not CCE Trial.

wfn1
28th January 2005, 20:55
Originally posted by jdobbs
Retail will work -- but set it as the "CCE SP" selection, not CCE Trial.

ok,so if i understand it correctly, when using a trial you simply point RB to the cctspt.exe under "cce sp (new)" in setup and then use the "CCE Trial" selection under the encoders?

EDIT: nm, i just tried it and it worked like a charm. basically you can just put cctspt.exe in CCE SP (NEW) path and set CCE=3 under options in the RB .ini file before you prepare.

on a highly related note... when did i become so lazy as to not even try my ideas.. i think ive been pampered too much by RB and i like it!