PDA

View Full Version : Encoding to WMV9

neo_anderson
14th January 2005, 09:53
how to encode dvd movies to wmv9 ? wnidows media encoder does not has this feature yet... so, how to do this?

stephanV
14th January 2005, 10:33
Nic's WMEncoder (http://nic.dnsalias.com/) accepts AVS scipts, so if you can set it up that way you're all set.

If you want 5.1 channel audio, perhaps you could fiddle something with AVS and makeavis, as MS WMEncoder does accept AVI (im not sure about AVS).

Yong
14th January 2005, 13:02
@stephanV:
...MS WMEncoder does accept AVI (im not sure about AVS)

Why you don't try it? :)
IIRC the Commandline Windows media encoder use the Directshow for decoding video then encode to WMV. So the WME might be same...:p

stephanV
14th January 2005, 13:13
@yong: coz i dont have it right now and i seem to remember such a thing :) (thats why i said im not sure)

CQ
14th January 2005, 21:44
Originally posted by neo_anderson
how to encode dvd movies to wmv9 ? wnidows media encoder does not has this feature yet... so, how to do this?

I don't think Microsoft will do such option im WM Encoder, ever :D .

acidsex
14th January 2005, 22:39
WM9 does encode DVD movies. I have done it. Make sure you have AC3 filter installed and naturally a DVD decoder (I used Nvidia with good success), and use DVD2avi to demux your audio and then create your AVS script and when you open WM9 encoder, cancel out the wizard. Go to the properties and selct your source and select your video and audio and then select your ouput. Then encode. You wont get a status percentage but it does work.

RadicalEd
15th January 2005, 08:02
Originally posted by Yong
IIRC the Commandline Windows media encoder use the Directshow for decoding video then encode to WMV.

Commandline encoder? Link? :O

Latexxx
15th January 2005, 09:37
Originally posted by RadicalEd
Commandline encoder? Link? :O
It comes with windows media encoder.

RadicalEd
15th January 2005, 09:43
Strange, I haven't got it.

Latexxx
15th January 2005, 16:42
Originally posted by RadicalEd
Strange, I haven't got it.
It is called something.vbs. There is even a helpfile for it.

slavickas
15th January 2005, 17:18
Originally posted by Latexxx
It comes with windows media encoder.

iirc with sdk, not sure can't remember, wmv is past now :)

Yong
16th January 2005, 05:57
After i tried, WME or the CLI app doesn't accept AVS as input,
the fact is,
WME doesn't use directshow to decode video, but the Helix DNA producer.
Sorry, my fault...:p

Latexxx
16th January 2005, 09:41
WME does use directshow for decoding but it has some issues. Try to use the avisynth-avi wrapped which comes with ffdshow.

Yong
17th January 2005, 12:26
Originally posted by Latexxx
WME does use directshow for decoding but it has some issues. Try to use the avisynth-avi wrapped which comes with ffdshow.

Still not sure, haven't test it thoroughly, coz it can't process MKV...
I tried with makeAVIS, but don't know why the WME skipped some frames during encoding...:eek:
Result video playback is jerky !!

EDIT: comfirmed, encoding musepack, aac and etc.