PDA

View Full Version : Import DVD, no English subs on standalone

MysticE
13th January 2005, 10:11
Got a friend's import DVD (Azumi) that will only show the English subs on the computer. They will not show on either of our standalones.

Tried re-authoring in Shrink, with logical re-mapping enabled, choosing only the English subs... still the same problem. Followed a guide here to force the English subs on, they start in the computer automatically now, but nothing in the standalone.

Any thoughts?

ukendt
14th January 2005, 16:16
Any thoughts?
Lol....many:D
I assume U have no probs usually playing subs on ur stand alone.
Then do this:
split the mv2 and ac3 and (just) 1 sub with Vobedit, mux again with ifoedit. See if U can see subs with ur PC and if yes, burn into a RW U know ur stand alone will accept.
If everything is ok then something is weird with the DVD you bought

MysticE
14th January 2005, 20:32
Will try (and I thought this would be an easy task).

When looking at the subs in Decrypter I noticed the ones that work say 'wide/letterbox', the English one though only says 'wide'. On a lark I popped it in my JVC and set it to 16X9 (I have a regular set). The English subs appeared, but the picture is now stretched (top to bottom). Using any combination of 4X3 on the JVC loses the subs. It still says English when I hit the sub button, but they are replaced with the Japanese ones.

Does this provide any clues?

Thanks

ukendt
16th January 2005, 11:37
yes, something is wrong with the combination of video streams and subs on the dvd.