View Full Version : problem with subtitles in episodic dvd

gdp77
6th January 2005, 02:47
What do I do :

1) 6 episodic dvds / 4 episodes per dvd
2) rip each episode in different folder
3) convert episoded to divX using AUTOGK and external subtitles option

The problem :
Only the first episode of each dvd has subtitles... All the other episodes don't have subtitles. I guess there is something wrong with ripping or the ifo's files...

Any help would be appreciated....

ukendt
6th January 2005, 13:50
further info needed. for instance which prog to rip subs with, 1 ifo per episode? and so on please. We CANNOT read ur mind

gdp77
6th January 2005, 13:59
further info needed. for instance which prog to rip subs with, 1 ifo per episode? and so on please. We CANNOT read ur mind

I don't think u need more info, because this is a common issue for everyone trying to convert a episodic dvd....
Anyway:

I use AUTOGK's external sub option (i think autogk uses vobsub). If I manually use subrip, I can find the subtitles inside the vobe, but I don't have time to make 24 episodes ocr subtitles. I need to use burnt-in subtitles, which seems impossible.

Yes, the ripped folders contain 1 ifo file each one. What else info do you need?

ukendt
6th January 2005, 16:28
Never, and I repeat, never answer this way when a moderator ask U to be more precise...it will get U very close to a hit:mad:
This forum exists because there are probs and there will always be probs. We are here in order to help but no1 of us is a mind reader.
We ask to be more precise otherwise we cannot understand what the prob is.
This said, U could try an older version of vobsub or VD. If both fail then there is nothing else to do but using subrip. I presume U only need 1 sub so no big deal using subrip for this, even if U have 24 episodes.
What do U think we do? We usually spend most of the time on subrip or vob/resynch in order to get original subs, translate them and place them back istead of a not needed sub(usually keeping english subs and adding scandinavian ones). If we get the original subs we are very happy, otherwise we must make subs from scratch, listening to audio, translating and working on time stamps.
Who said all those things shouldn't take a reasonable amount of time?
If U don't have the time, don't do it...

gdp77
6th January 2005, 16:45
Never, and I repeat, never answer this way when a moderator ask U to be more precise...it will get U very close to a hit

yeah right... how old are you? 16?

Anyway, i did some searching and some guys were talking about renaming the ripped vobs. So I searched decrypter settings--> ifo . There were two selections for PCG and ANGLE file names. I checked them and re-ripped the episodes...

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

P.S. I am sorry guys like ukendt are moderators in such a great site like doom9... :rolleyes:

ukendt
6th January 2005, 17:25
To ur knowledge I'm 52 and U got a strike