PDA

View Full Version : Nero recode crash workaround

mg262
31st December 2004, 01:00
While playing around with AVC encoding in Nero, I was getting crashes as soon as I started encoding, with log files containing stuff like this:

23:54:02 File burn_ndigital.cpp, Line 722
Nth-pass file = C:\DOCUME~1\Mohan\LOCALS~1\Temp\\00. creditsa00616.bin

ERROR in file:E:\Sources\Current\Recode 2.2\Nero Recode II\burning\burn_ndigital.cpp, line:2048, error:Unspecified error (0x80004005)
23:54:02 File burn_ndigital.cpp, Line 200
NeroDigital: exit

Turns out you can work around it by creating a 'null' AVISynth file like

aviSource("01. The Dreamstone.avi")

(The original file was encoding using HuffYUV. Maybe there some well-known reason why I shouldn't be feeding this into Recode, but I don't know it.)

Mohan

krackato
1st January 2005, 00:58
I'm getting crashes as well. Didn't have any crashes with Attack of the Clones but Gladiator is crashing about 70% through the first pass.

I'm trying it again right now. We'll see. I was blissfully ignoring all "Nero Recode is Crashing!" threads thankful that I wouldn't have any problems since it was so rock solid with AOTC. I guess we'll see if I can work around this problem with Gladiator.

Nero Recode version 2.2.6.1

Yes I own both movies.

krackato
2nd January 2005, 09:19
Argh, I'm still getting crashes. I had copied Gladiator to an .iso file and mounted it using Daemon Tools, so now I'm copying the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS into a new folder on the harddrive and I'll try Nero Recode from there.

mg262
2nd January 2005, 16:55
What does the log file say?

Failing anything else you could try converting to HuffYUV/WAV and then encoding that - it's ugly but it might work.

krackato
3rd January 2005, 18:19
Well by copying the VIDEO_TS folder to the harddrive and moving my overclocked 3200+ back down to it's stock 2500+ Nero was able to recode the file without crashing.

What's interesting to me is that on both this Gladiator encode (1.08GB) and the Episode II encode (686mb), both had some serious macroblocking during the last 30-45 seconds. I think this might be because I cut the credits down to only 30 seconds both times so maybe Recode just things that a lesser bitrate is needed at the end of a file because that's where the credits go. Or maybe it's just a flaw. Or maybe I'm just seeing things.

mg262
3rd January 2005, 19:10
Hmmm... I gave up on Recode quite quickly because I was getting macroblocks even at 5500 kbps - but I was only testing with a short clip. Maybe I'll try something longer...