PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help with mencoder script

DaveQB
24th December 2004, 00:19
I encode a lot of stuff thats already deinterlaced during the capture, but do have films off my firewire camera thats interlaced and trying to remove that.

I would of thought googling for mencoder deinterlace would return just what i am after but it seems to of sent me on a wild goose chase. There seems to be many different arguments you can use to deinterlace, but all i have tried either error of fail.

Here's my latest

mencoder "/mnt/win_f/Championship.avi" -oac copy -vop scale=512:432 -vf pp -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:trell:v4mv:vhq:vqscale=7 -o ~/j/2004/mpeg4/Championship.avi

Here i get a 720x576 film thats interlaced still :confused:

HELP! :D

akupenguin
24th December 2004, 00:53
Originally posted by DaveQB
mencoder "/mnt/win_f/Championship.avi" -oac copy -vop scale=512:432 -vf pp -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:trell:v4mv:vhq:vqscale=7 -o ~/j/2004/mpeg4/Championship.avi

Which option in there did you think was supposed to deinterlace? I don't see one.

The available deinterlacers are:
-vf lavcdeint
-vf kerndeint
-vf filmdint
-vf pp=lb
-vf pp=li
-vf pp=ci
-vf pp=md
-vf pp=fd

Some are better than others, but I rarely deal with interlaced content so I can't tell you which those are.

DaveQB
24th December 2004, 00:59
Ok the last thing i read late last night, fallin asleep was

-vf pp

I guess that was wrong. I couldnt find the list of options in the mencoder man either :confused:

Thanx for that list. I will have a play.

I would want the deinterlacing to be performed BEFORE the resizing. How is this possible?? Order of the arguments ?? A specific argument of its own ??

thanx

akupenguin
24th December 2004, 01:07
Yes, filters are applied in the order you specify them. e.g.
-vf pp=md,scale=512:432

('-vop' is obsolete. And you can only use one copy of the '-vf' option; multiple filters must be separated by commas.)

to see the list of suboptions for '-vf pp', look at 'mplayer -pphelp'

DaveQB
24th December 2004, 01:19
OIC vop is out ??

a number of arguments for deinterlacing i found returned the error that they were depreciated

ok so hows this then

mencoder "/mnt/win_f/Championship.avi" -oac copy -vf pp=md,scale=512:432 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:trell:v4mv:vhq:vqscale=7 -o ~/j/2004/mpeg4/Championship.avi

this should work right ???

mikeX
24th December 2004, 02:45
Just out of curiosity, which version of mencoder are you using?

You can always try encoding a small sample to see if things look the way you want, e.g. by using a combination of the "-ss" and "--endpos" options

DaveQB
24th December 2004, 02:48
MEncoder 1.0pre5-3.4.1 (C) 2000-2004 MPlayer Team

That last command seemed to work a treat. I used pp=ci, as i came across that more in ym searches and use BiCubic in VirtualDub in Windows.

I would like to try all the different one', but i also would like there to be 40 hours in a day ;)

DaveQB
24th December 2004, 03:31
Originally posted by mikeX
combination of the "-ss" and "--endpos" options

You mean -endpos right ?? Cause thats what i have been using :confused:

akupenguin
24th December 2004, 06:50
Originally posted by DaveQB
MEncoder 1.0pre5-3.4.1 (C) 2000-2004 MPlayer Team
Time to upgrade! 1.0pre6 was released today.

I would like to try all the different one', but i also would like there to be 40 hours in a day ;)
It doesn't take long to try them. You don't have to encode; the same filters work in mplayer.

DaveQB
24th December 2004, 07:58
Originally posted by akupenguin
It doesn't take long to try them. You don't have to encode; the same filters work in mplayer.

Ahh okee, cool.