PDA

View Full Version : Problem installing GK

AlfaStation
10th December 2004, 01:06
Get error message during install: Vobsub.dll, .ax and ffdshow.ax wont install.
Using Win2kSP4 on an athlon64 platform.
Any quick hints?

Thx,
Alfa

buzzqw
10th December 2004, 08:13
quick hints : have you administrative privilegies ?
are you playing some movie while installing ?

greetings

BHH

niamh
10th December 2004, 17:22
install straight after reboot is a hint :)

et415
20th May 2005, 02:21
I have the same problem....initially tried installing just the latest beta...then uninstalled the main program and then tried to reinstall. During main program install, got "error opening file for writing: c:/windows/system32/vobsub.dll."

I tried rebooting and trying again, but got the same error.

unskinnyboy
20th May 2005, 02:56
Originally posted by et415
I have the same problem....initially tried installing just the latest beta...then uninstalled the main program and then tried to reinstall. During main program install, got "error opening file for writing: c:/windows/system32/vobsub.dll."

I tried rebooting and trying again, but got the same error.
Either:

a) Uninstall your current version of VobSub before installing AutoGK.

OR

b) Don't check VobSub to be installed when installing AutoGK.

Since you are getting this error even after immediately rebooting, some process which auto-loads on start-up is holding onto this DLL.

et415
20th May 2005, 23:25
I uninstalled vobsub and xvid, and the install worked. Thanks!

btw, this is the first time I've had a problem like this. I wonder if there's something wrong with the install program.

unskinnyboy
20th May 2005, 23:46
Originally posted by et415
I uninstalled vobsub and xvid, and the install worked. Thanks!
Why did you have to uninstall XviD? Your contention was only with vobsub.dll, right?Originally posted by et415
this is the first time I've had a problem like this. I wonder if there's something wrong with the install program. Nothing wrong with the installation program. Problem was at your end. You had -some- process using the DLL during the install, so the installer was not able to overwrite the DLL with the current version.

Anyway, glad it worked for you.

et415
21st May 2005, 00:19
Originally posted by unskinnyboy
Why did you have to uninstall XviD? Your contention was only with vobsub.dll, right?Nothing wrong with the installation program. Problem was at your end. You had -some- process using the DLL during the install, so the installer was not able to overwrite the DLL with the current version.

After getting the vobsub error and pressing ignore, then the same message came up with xvid.

I had just finished using DVD decrypter which may have been causing the error (never did before...I've upgraded several times)...and even after a reboot, the error message persisted, so I'm not sure what was going on. But it's working now (better than ever), so I'm content.