PDA

View Full Version : Shrek 2 giving Scenarist problems

hoops10
16th November 2004, 23:40
I used the big 3 and everything is fine up until I load the Scenaid script into Scenarist 2.7. I get an import error. Here is the following error:

Info Validateing Video (VTS06_001)
Info Validateing Video (VTS06_002)
Info Validateing Video (VTS10_001)
Info Validateing Video (VTS11_001)
Error This Video has different aspect ratio. [D:\shrek2\VTS11\VTS__11_P01-no-cce.I-BFF.16~9_1.m2v]
Error Importing failed

I checked VTS11_P01-no-cce.I-BFF.16~9_1.m2v and it shows it as being 16:9 so this error confuses me. I checked all the other video files in the VTS11 file and they are all 16:9 also. Any idea as to what caused this error and how to fix it? Is this a Scenaid problem or Scenarist problem? Thanks.

D3s7
17th November 2004, 03:59
What does the .scp say the AR is?

could be 4:3 P/S.....

I get the AR of the movie from the .IFO primarily..... seeing how there can't be a mix (at least to standard) that's 99.9% accurate until a no-cce file shows up....

Scenarist won't compile the VTS if that file is anything but 16:9 so, you can either re-encode it as 16:9 or remove it and a dummy will replace it....

the no-cce file engine is actually in process of being written right now.... currently I take them as is but that's not very accurate...

hoops10
17th November 2004, 04:10
D3S7, I checked the .scp file and here is what it showed:

Item=Video
{
Place Holder=No
Name=VTS11_001
Resolution=NTSC
Drop Type=Drop frame
Data Start Time=00:00:00:00
Data End Time=00:00:00:14
File=D:\shrek\VTS11\VTS__11_P01-no-cce.I-BFF.16~9_1.m2v
Width=720
Height=480
Is Encoded=Yes
Encode Type=MPEG 2
Size=720 x 480
Aspect Ratio=16 : 9
Picture Structure=Frame Structure
GOP Size=12 frames
GOP Structure=N/A
Bit rate=9000000
Average Bitrate=6000000
Minimum Bitrate=4000000
Bitrate Type=Variable
Icon Time=00:00:00:00
Line21 Switch1=Yes
Line21 File1=
Line21 Switch2=No
Line21 File2=

I also tried something else. I renamed the .avs file associated with this (then ran Scenaid again) so that Scenaid would use a dummy file (because this particular file was all black). Scenarist then gave me the same error on the next file: D:\shrek2\VTS11\VTS__11_P02-no-cce.I-BFF.16~9_1.m2v (which isnt all black).

Any ideas?

Trahald
17th November 2004, 04:31
you can try patching it in dvdpatcher as a possible quick fix.. or see if cce can handle the short duration and just encode it using cbr (then move the nocce file out of the directory and rename the new encoded file to the same filename)

D3s7
17th November 2004, 13:18
a lot of nocce files like this are actually 4:3 panscan....I use to have a routine to detect that then discovered it didn't matter as Scenarist won't compile a VTS w/ 4:3ps and 16:9

You can either re-encode those w/ cce (just drop the avs in) or patch as Trahald suggested or just rename all nocce avs's and continue

hoops10
17th November 2004, 19:10
D3S7, if I rename the .avs's of all the video in VTS11 and continue, won't Scenaid use dummy files in their places? And if Scenaid does this, won't I loose all the video that is located in VTS11 because of Scenaid using dummy files instead of the video that is there?

D3s7
17th November 2004, 20:24
just the nocce*.avs files :)

hoops10
17th November 2004, 23:22
D3S7, sorry if I wasn't clear. That is what I meant. If I rename all the no-cce.avs files in VTS11, won't Scenaid just use dummy files instead of the .m2v files that contains video in them that I need? There are 73 pgcs in VTS11 and most of them are no-cce files. If I rename all the no-cce.avs files, then I will be missing a lot of real video and just have dummy files. Is my mode of thinking correct or am I wrong somehow?

D3s7
18th November 2004, 00:29
my guess is that VTS is a slideshow then... in which case it probably won't be reauthored well by ScenAid....

I'm working on getting ScenAid to properly author slideshows but it'll take awhile before it works :)

hoops10
18th November 2004, 03:16
D3S7, I checked out VTS11 to see if it was some kind of slideshow. It's not. It looks to me like it's some kind of game on the dvd. Could this be the problem Scenaid is having with it? If so, how can I fix it?

jel
18th November 2004, 03:50
well you could fix it manually - i would assume it is a navigational game/menu - similar to BoV. it would take a bit work but it is possible. have you tried enabling BoV support in Scenaid?

or simply not touch VTS_11. how big is it anyway?

hoops10
18th November 2004, 04:25
jel, I never even thought it would be BOV. VTS11 is only 434 megs, I could just leave it alone. I will try both and see what happens.

Trahald
18th November 2004, 05:41
Kids dvds are notorious for short bov vts'. i would say leave it unprocessed. shrek 2 isnt that long of a movie.. should still be lotsa bitrate for the main movie to stretch around in.

foxmid
29th November 2004, 06:17
As someone who has finally completed this DVD, I'll tell you - just leave it alone. I tried every trick in the book to get the BOV working in the final version, and to no avail.

All in all, it would have saved about 180 megs or so, so why hassle with it?

Trahald
30th November 2004, 23:28
yeah.. i just did it too. I wasnt in the mood to fix the videos so i left that vts unprocessed. the quality of the main movie came out excellent

LaoTze
22nd February 2005, 21:12
I'm having the same difficulties with Shrek 2 (Region 2, Dutch release) too, except here VTS17 is posing the problem. What I would like to know is (and if anybody wants to help me with this) is,

1) Renaming the nocce*.avs files to what exactly...? Because I actually have two kings of nocce files...
- nocce*.avs
- nocce*.avs-no-cce

2) What do you guys mean by "leaving alone"...? When I have my scenarist script, what do I do...? Alter the .scp file manually...? Or start from scratch again...?

How do I salvage my project from here, after the main movie (and everything else that's supposed to) has been CCE encoded...?

Any help please... :confused:

D3s7
22nd February 2005, 23:37
ScenAid will not see the .avs-no-cce files... we're not exactly sure what causes those either....

the .avs files is what scenaid looks for so if your going to have it "ignore" an asset, remove/rename the avs in question to something besides .avs

By "Leaving it alone" Trahald meant do not check it in Doitfast4u for demuxing... this way it will just be copied over and left as is

If you've already encoded, you may have to do some extra steps to keep the project from being oversized... - one option is to conttinue as normal then when complete either use a utility like vobblanker to blank out an extra set and get the dvd w/in size or use a utility like dvdshrink and "shrink" an extra (leaving the main at 100%) - or use numenu to shrink the menus if they are large...

Personally, option 2 (dvdshrink) would be the easiest

eriksen76
23rd February 2005, 00:09
I did Shrek2 with no problems with the latest build

No pre-processing

/Eriksen76

LaoTze
23rd February 2005, 09:51
Thanks for the help guys. I will try and see if I can get that to work...

D3s7
23rd February 2005, 16:21
LaoTze, the biggest problem you will find is when the no-cce files are infact encoded w/ PanScan flags enabled. If they are, then Scenarist will reject them if the rest of the assets are NOT PanScan (which with the current set of tools... will more then likely be true)

In which case, it's best to remove the .avs file and let ScenAid dummy those no-cce files - OR do a force re-encode on them (taking out the no-cce in the avs filename would accomplish that)

LaoTze
23rd February 2005, 16:41
Thanks D3s7. I'll have another go at it and get back if I have any more questions. :rolleyes: