PDA

View Full Version : Subtitle on dvd gone

Scartie
24th October 2004, 16:12
I've added a subtitle (Dutch) to the movie HellBoy, in the first subtitle stream.
My problem is that the subtitle is displayed on my computer, but not on my dvd player, what could be the problem?
The color corrections that i made in the .IFO file are there, in some part of the movie the is text but that is in Englisch and not in Dutch.
And the first 20 seconds of the movie is choppy and start over and over again on the dvd player, but when i skip that 20 sec all is good and the movie runs good with a few glitches ( 2 or 3 but not that serious). But with no Dutch subtitles.

What could it be?

I use:
Srt2Sub for the subtitle
Rejig5d for the muxing

I renamed the muxed .VOB's to the old .VOB files, copyed the new .VOB to the original dvd, edited the .IFO file for the colors and the name of sub stream to Dutch, burned it and watched it.

If somebody knows what i did wrong or could be the problem please tell me :D

Thanks
Scartie

Ps. Sorry for my bad Englisch :rolleyes:

ukendt
24th October 2004, 16:18
Use only 1 sub following THeMAtrix's guide and everything should be ok.
Otherwise, just make the movie with all the subs U want.
Keeping menus and all of the subs can be done but it's not that easy
and IMHO not worth the work

Scartie
24th October 2004, 16:48
I also did it with that guide, did shaun of the dead with it (menu's and all) works great, only thing i'm not doing but is in the guide is updateing the .IFO's one by one, i only update the movie ifo with the new subcolor, and that worked great on shaun but not on hellboy.

Scartie
25th October 2004, 17:57
Maybe a stupid question but what is the diverence between ifoedit and rejig (i have heard that ifoedit is only for PAL movies)?

Because i now muxed Hellboy with ifoedit and the movie is still a ntsc movie, or is it something else.

And do i need to edit de .BUP file to? (Copy new IFO and rename it)

Thanks
Scartie