PDA

View Full Version : Subtitles show too early (Maybe angle issue)

DaRtHmAuL
22nd October 2004, 16:55
Hi everyone,
i got a weird problem i never have had. When trying to backup my Passion of the Christ DVD (PAL R2), i'm in front of some issues with subtitles.
I tryed to back it up 3 times with no success.
First, i demuxed it by vob/id to preserve angles... it results with scenrist error muxing... no matter i'm just too fed up with the reauthor of a multiangle DVD.
Second, i tryed to demux it by pgc and keep only first angle checked in DIF4U ("angle" case not ticked). No more chance... i just end up with chapter problem (too early) and subtitles out of sync (too early). I've tested to generate the script with Scenaid (v1.0) and RA (v1.0.0). After Scenarist process, RA (but not Scenaid) gave me the correct chapter time but subs remains out of sync. There almost invisible with Scenaid.
Finally i choose to remove manually the angle i don't want with IFOEdit following the guide before to process with the BIG3. The new authored unencoded DVD just play fine with no subtitle sync problem. Well, i proceed as usual with the BIG3. After Scenarist finished and after i updated my ifo files with BatchIFOupdate v0.9.0.3, chapter points are correct (with Scenaid or RA) but the subs are still showing too early.
I've checked *.sst files and the timecodes may be wrong.

Thks for help
cya

D3s7
22nd October 2004, 17:17
well the proper way to do it would have been by vobid...

what error were you getting?

ScenAid doesn't support the removal of Angles directly so I'm not sure what problems that would cause (maybe the incorrect chapter placement however without knowing what it put them at i can't tell you)

most common reason for delay issues w/ subs when demuxing by pgc is if the pgc's don't start w/ CELL 1

I'd recommend (personally) re-demuxing by vobid and lets work on fixing that.... that's the proper method :)

DaRtHmAuL
22nd October 2004, 17:30
ok D3s7
But demuxing it by vob/id... does it means to keep all angles and manually reauthor the "thing" in Scenarist ?
Because i'm afraid to do this and i don't find the guide on Doom9 (multiangle guides links send me to another guide... the href link seems to be wrong)
Concerning the error with Scenarist, i can't tell you because i've not created a log file... :(
I'm going to redo it by vob/id so and tell you what's wrong exactly.
thks you
see you soon

D3s7
22nd October 2004, 18:42
if you demux by vobid then ScenAid will do all the authoring for you...

and actually there's plenty of guides on manually authoring angle / vobid :)

DaRtHmAuL
22nd October 2004, 19:32
Yes
i'll give it a try but i dont hope too much because the first time i tried to backup a multiangle DVD, it was unsucessful. I tried Nemo and Passion of the Christ...
Like i said, i'll tell you what's wrong in reauthoring step.
thks for your help D3s7
cya

Chubmeister
22nd October 2004, 20:27
Try my post in this link to fix subs out of sync by the same amount throughout the movie...

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?threadid=81315

DaRtHmAuL
22nd October 2004, 20:41
Thanks for the link Chub
I've already seen your post and will surely try this method too after "full backup" with angle if it doesn't work.
For that moment, i'm backing up with DVDRebuilder. Process should take some hours to complete. Let's see...
cya

DaRtHmAuL
25th October 2004, 09:58
It works!
I rerip subs with your version of VSRip and VSConv included in ScenAid v1.0 Final. The timecode were different from the original *.sst file created by DIF4U. The timecode ARE correct !!
Thks for all
cya

D3s7
25th October 2004, 13:08
hmm.. the version Doitfast4u uses should be the same version as the ones in the ScenAid directory.....

check and make sure they are... if not, copy the ones from the ScenAid dir over to the Doitfast4u dir

DaRtHmAuL
25th October 2004, 19:49
Ok
i didn't know it was necessary to copy your VSRip and VSConv over the DIF4U ones but i already tryed that without any success whereas i rip manually those annoying subs manually, always with your version of VSRip and VSConv, i can get fixed subtitles. It works like a charm. Thks for this usefull tools!
cya

D3s7
25th October 2004, 19:50
It should have copied them over when you installed scenaid....

what version of dvddecrypter are you using? - there was a change made about oh... 2 rev's back that would help subtitle demuxes...

DaRtHmAuL
25th October 2004, 20:02
I'm using version 3.5.1.0. Anything related to this one ?
About ScenAid : the files weren't copied over the DIF4U directory. I need to do it manually.

D3s7
25th October 2004, 20:06
Nope.. that's the latest which should work....

i'll have to run some tests and see where the difference is....

you don't happen to have the 2 different .sst files still do you.. or better the .idx/.sub files?

Thanks

- D3s7

DaRtHmAuL
25th October 2004, 20:18
too late :((((
you've no luck because i've erase all the files.
all i can do for you now is try to redemux (i prefer than rip manually those subs) the backuped dvd with the original VSRip and VSConv from DIF4U and rip manually like i did with your subs tools.
Or wait a little for me to redo the whole process with the original DVD (around the end of this week).
cya

D3s7
25th October 2004, 21:21
I'm in no rush :)

if you don't have time or the energy to re-rip that's fine too... we can wait till next time a user has the issue

DaRtHmAuL
25th October 2004, 22:25
If i've enough time i'll do it for sure.
bye