PDA

View Full Version : Seamlessly branched layer breaks in the matrix!!!

Hooman
9th October 2004, 22:06
After reauthoring "THE_MATRIX_16X9LB_N_AMERICA" and compiling the project, there are some glitches in the ifos created by Scenarist:
I think the reason is due to "Scenarist's inability to properly do seamless branching"
Despite I did not find any kind of problem while playing back the reauthored Matrix(with or without the white rabbit BoVs)except some problems with the time play/search in software players, the main movie's ifo looks weird in the ifoedit:
(I attached the ifo for reference)
1) layer break flags around the branchs!(Before correction by ifoedit)
>>> Why has scenarist inserted those flags?
2) No visible IlVu in ifoedit.(Why?)
(Could someone please explain what the ILVus refer to or what they are exactly?)
I'm not an expert in dvd authoring but actively engaged in finding answers to these questions:
Where have the seamless branching flags gone and were they necessary?
Is my reauthored matrix still seamlessly branched?
Is that possible to make scenarist do seamless branching properly?

some experiences from this long and boring project:
If the Matrix R1 is done by PGC, 4-5 subpictures are missed in the cells that have buttons over video (in fact substreams 1 and 2 in title 1 of VTS 2 have more subpictures than title 6's 1st and 2nd substreams)and it's impossible to import the title 1 substreams in title 6 because some of subpictures overlap the highlights.
The only workaround I found is to demux the vob IDs that are not present in title 6 and create separate tracks for them)
The Matrix menus could be reauthored by the latest NuMenu4U(Thanks Zeul)
(NuMenu4U does not remove Stop from NoStop BMPs and so compiling the menus requires some Data End times changes to 0)

P.S.
Zipped VTS_02_0.IFO (http://members.lycos.co.uk/persian4ever/files/VTS_02_0.zip)