PDA

View Full Version : Want to use less dvd space

Zilwer
28th September 2004, 23:27
Hello, i have started using the new guide and it works really good, except on thing, whatever i burn, the last seconds or minutes on the disc gets jerky on my standalone dvd player, so i was thinking of making the dvd smaller like 100 mb less than full, how do i implement this in the process, (dont know how to change the settings or anyting, the hole process is automaticly run so i havent changed anything yet.)

Yours Zilwer

jel
29th September 2004, 00:14
Zilwer,
you can find this option in DIF4U under Utilities > DVD Calc > DVD Size
you can adjust the size and safety margin to suit.
hth
j

Zilwer
29th September 2004, 15:00
`But by changing in the calculator, does that make the whole output change or do i need to change the settings in the programs to make the movie smaller, i just found out why i get this problem, cz of my bad media, i always buy princo, for the great price they are half the price in my country then the next bad one lol, and i acctualy need to make the full output as small as 4 gig, so can any one help me out here, how do i make my out pur like 4gig.
mikael@frodin.net
msn mikael@frodin.net

Zilwer

influenza
29th September 2004, 15:12
If you change the size in the bitrate calc application the program will assume your dvd needs to be the size you've set there. So if you set 4 GB before starting your projects the bitrates will be calculated in a way your final product is 4 GB. Just as you want to happen.

and: buy some decent media ;)

Zilwer
29th September 2004, 15:18
So by just typing 4000000000 in the size in doitfast4u then the output should get there? Seems strange to me, cz i only thought the calc was a utility that you could use the se the bitrate, and isnt implemented in the process?
And i will buy the better media, after i have copied up this pack of 500 dvdr princo x1... lol

Zilwer
29th September 2004, 15:20
and by the way, i dont think the by putting the 4000000000 in the calc will do anything cz, when i choose the calc again its gone
????

D3s7
29th September 2004, 21:02
you can only select the size based of the options specified

DVD-R MAX (-10,20,50)
and DVD-R SAFE (-10,20,50)

if your media is taking off more then SAFE-50, then it's really junk

Zilwer
29th September 2004, 21:59
so is there not any way to make the final output smaller then 4 gig?
If not i have to go back to dvd shrink, cz that program can?
But i would really like to use big 3

D3s7
30th September 2004, 18:23
you can always do your own bitrate calcs.... but if your looking for an automated method, no....

Raster
5th October 2004, 08:51
I had that jerky problem on my stand alone player and it turned out to be the way the DVD was burned.

When I got my 8X burner the default burn speed setting was to determine maximum speed. What happened was that the burner would start out at a slow burn speed and when things were ok it would increase speed to the nest level and when that was ok it would try the next level and so on.

My stand alone would start out playing the movie just fine and after about an hour would start to jerk a little and by the end of the movie it would freeze up. It took me a while to figgure out that my stand alone was messing up when it would get to the part when the burn speed changed.

The fix was to set my burner at a constant burn speed. In my case I set it to 8X and left it alone. Now my stand alone is happy and no more problems.

influenza
5th October 2004, 18:34
Some media is really crappy when it comes to data on the outer ring. So decent media en burning speeds would be a good thing.