PDA

View Full Version : NM4U &DIF4U question

Zenak
27th September 2004, 23:30
Greetings,

I have been using the Big 3 method for some time, with great results thanks to the guides on this site. What I have never been able to get to work properly is NuMenu4U. I always assumed I hadn't done the proper background research needed to get it to work, so for the past 3 days I have been reading and re encoding a menu and I am still having 2 major problems with it.

Problem 1: I can't get these two programs too look into the same VIDEO_TS directory for a completely automated process. I currently use DIF4U to call NM4U, which happens perfectly. But, NM4U put's it's output into Movie\Batch_1\0\Video_TS, which is NOT where DIF4U looks when trying to calculate the new file sizes. Am i just missing a check box somewhere that would take this output and put it into Movie\Video_TS (which is where I copy it manually and DIF4U works perfectly afterwards)

Problem 2: I have been using Stargate: Ultimate Edition as my test disk (image). I have so far been unable to get the menu to actually work. It opens up to the Artisan splash, then into the main menu screen, but if I try to use scene selection PowerDVD crashes. I tried to burn it anyways, and on my standalone it jumps around erratically. The strange part about this is if I copy only the menu file from the image (300 megs instead of 137) PowerDVD navigates scene selection properly, and if I then use a one click to shave off the extra 150 megs it works flawlessly in my standalone.

I'm going to try another movie, incase this Stargate has some known issues, but any input on either would be greatly appreciated.

Edit:
I am using the newly released RC 2 of NM4U: Scenarist

D3s7
28th September 2004, 00:18
Zenak :

Numenu is a really nice utility but yes it does occationally have issues.. I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to get it to work right. Now, onto your points

1) you are correct, partially. what numenu does is author to the 0/VIDEO_TS directory initally. However after the menu has been created there, it copies/moves the new menu over to the DEMUX/VIDEO_TS folder. If your menu assets aren't being moved, check the tail end of the numenu.log file to see if tehre's been a problem. OR if your not using the "full automation" there is a batch file that you needto manually run (if you search for "NuMenu Batch" you should find it.. i don't have anything currently demuxed so I can't tell you the exact filename.

2) I'm going to take a guess and say that if you can resolve #1 you probably will have your answer to #2. During that last move, Numenu updates a last few things in the new .ifo to make it match the original w/ the new menu.. More then likely if your not having sucess w/ #1 and are manually copying / moving the new .vob's, this is your problem.

Let us know how your progress is coming and we'll try to help more

Zenak
28th September 2004, 01:25
That was all the added input I needed, thank you very much.

As strange as it sounds when I uncheked the post processing option things went exactly as you described, the new menu was in the right folder, and the IFO files had a current timestamp.

I just opened Scenaid manually, and it is running the BatchCCEWS for me, so I'm thinking this should be a complete success.

:-)

Keep up the great work!!

Zeul
28th September 2004, 08:20
hmm
What do you mean by 'unchecked the post processing option' ?

Zeul

Zenak
28th September 2004, 11:40
Sorry I guess I was a bit unclear.

In DIF4U I removed the launch external apps option. Previously I had checked either the DoCCE4u + Scenaid or the Reauthorist (start automatically) option.

The only other change worth noting is that I also unchecked the option in NM4U to remove any UOP's that DVD Decrypter missed. I'll start a new movie today and see if this was the culprit.

Zenak
28th September 2004, 20:44
Well it seems it WAS the remove UOP's check box that caused me the trouble. Would I need to provide it with a path to my IFOEdit in an INI file?

I'll just use PGCEdit to do that, since I use it to set the DVD text anyways.

Thanks for your help, I did find the batch file, and it worked perfectly.

I'm glad to get this great peice of software working in conjunction with DIF4U.

Zeul
29th September 2004, 20:58
@Zenak

This really suprises me, as the UOP function affects the script file only. Just to confirm was this the ONLY thing you changed.

Zeul

Zenak
30th September 2004, 04:04
Well at the time I typed that I was sure, but I went back, checked the box again, and it still finishes everything.

Funny, but after I read that first reply I found the bat file sitting there, I ran it, and it worked. I guess I don't know what I did between now and then, but it has been working great, so keep up the good work!

About my only other complaint is that every once in a while Scenaid hangs when called from DIF4U. It does this because the path to the demux is correct, but has a "]" at the end of it. All I need to do is click browse, select the right folder, and then hit OK and it finishes the process all the way through Scenarist for me.

D3s7
30th September 2004, 13:35
Your running an old version of scenaid.. pre9 is out and 1.0 should be up either today or tomorrow

Zenak
30th September 2004, 22:46
Sadly, no. I am running the most current version. If it matters it didn't happen as often on Pre 7, but has happened 3 times in a row since I went to 9.

There is no log for me to post, would you like a screen shot?

D3s7
30th September 2004, 23:56
erm..... i'll double check the but your the first person to report the ] issue w/ newer betas

D3s7
1st October 2004, 00:12
Ok.. i made one small adjustment that shouldn't make a difference but we'll see

send me your email and I'll shoot this over to you to see if it works

- D3s7

Zenak
5th October 2004, 18:24
Many thanks to D3s7 for helping me thought this. Everything is working wonderfully now, with one minor annoyance.

(There is always a but, isn't there???)

I am not sure if this is DIF4U or NM4U, so I'll just throw it out there: When then menu is below my recode parameter (both NM4U and DIF4U are set at 50 megs ATM) DIF4U still calls NM4U and all it does is error out. I click on ok, NM4U closes, and DIF4U begins processing the movie for me.

I've just been telling it to not process menus for the few I encounter with small menus, but again I was wondering if there is a setting I missed someplace? (I have set the minimum menu size in both programs at the same size)

D3s7
5th October 2004, 18:39
What error do you get when it closes out?

There was an issue at one time I know where if there was no re-encoded menus, they didn't get copied over.. could be a residual problem is still there...

Zenak
5th October 2004, 19:33
This is the error details. Again though, the only time it occurs is when the menus are so small that NM4U doesn't want to do them, but DIF4U starts NM4U anyways. If I click on the "Ok" button, DIF4U thinks NM4U is done, and opens DVDDecrypter....

Procedure Name: scanfolderforfilecopy
Module Name: MainForm

Error Number: 76
Error Description: Path not found
Error Source: Project1
Error Line: 45
Call Stack:
scanfolderforfilecopy --> MainForm
go_Click --> MainForm
Form_Activate --> MainForm

Zeul
6th October 2004, 08:05
@Zenak
I have found that the threshold parameter from DIF4U was never being picked it by NM4U. I have corrected this and changed the filecopy routine completely in the new build.