PDA

View Full Version : Nero Digital MPEG4 Audio 6 channel Problem

McoreD
25th September 2004, 04:02
Hi,

I am trying to create a Direct Show Filter graph for a MP4 file encoded using Nero Recode (ND-MPEG4 Video and ND-MPEG4 Audio 6 channel). After I drag the MP4 to GraphEdit, it warns that there is no compatible Audio Decoder installed.

http://img78.exs.cx/img78/4021/nd-mpeg4.jpg

I tried manually making a connection but it didn't work either. There is another problem unfortunately. I cannot play the MP4 using Nero Show Time. It quits as soon as the MP4 file is opened.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Yours,
McoreD

Valeron
27th September 2004, 07:35
Try coreaac or MPC,either of them may help you.

McoreD
27th September 2004, 08:12
Thanks Valeron :)

Btw, the Nero ShowTime problem was solved after updating to the latest version.

bond
27th September 2004, 22:47
strange, do the 3ivx filter handle the file corectly?

McoreD
28th September 2004, 02:34
Hi bond, 3ivX didn't agree with the connection either.

bond
29th September 2004, 01:13
yeah you can of course not connect 3ivx filter to nero filter (as the nero filter only allow the connection with themselves mostly (thanks ahead!))
but what if you only use the 3ivx filters (file source (async) -> 3ivx splitter -> 3ivx decoder or coreaac -> audio renderer (or how its called)

McoreD
29th September 2004, 02:13
Yes bond. :)
In my previous reply, I tried that too. I even set it to Allow
Unsupported Decoders (like calinb said in another thread).

ahead should really let the users to play their MP4 file in any DirectShow compatible player. Their Nero Video Decoder is 100% DirectShow compatible but their Nero Audio Decoder (including stereo and 6 channel) is not.
Otherwise, it makes the user think Nero Digital is not a viable solution -- the feeling of being limited to one player by one company is not good.

Valeron
29th September 2004, 02:23
That sounds really a strange problem.
I doubt that if Ahead had done some hack to the MP4 container in order to make special native link to their own splitter/filters.

Or maybe the Multichannle encode function is in beta stage only.
So why it got disabled after you upgraded it.

bond
29th September 2004, 23:02
its not up to ahead to decide where there files are able to be played!
their .mp4 files are spec compliant and can be played in any player capable of .mp4

its the same as with .mp3 files

i assume your 5.1 stream is somehow faulty, try playing it in various non-dshow players, like winamp (quicktime doesnt handle 5.1 beaware)

McoreD
30th September 2004, 00:46
bond, this Screenshot is while attempting to play a MP4 encoding using Nero Recode using default setting which has Stereo AAC.

http://img32.exs.cx/img32/7026/nd-nonds.png

QuickTime version 6.5.1. Do you know any reason why this happens? After you press OK, you can play the file and you can hear audio.

babayaga
30th September 2004, 13:26
Originally posted by McoreD
bond, this Screenshot is while attempting to play a MP4 encoding using Nero Recode using default setting which has Stereo AAC.

Quicktime officialy supports only Simple Profile streams, but in fact it can also decode some Advanced Simple Profile streams.

Using default settings, Recode produces Advanced Simple Profile => Quicktime start saying it could not decode it, then it tries and it works :)

SeeMoreDigital
30th September 2004, 13:41
Hi babayaga,

It might help matters if Ahead's/Nero's/Ateme's direct-show audio filter worked with/in every direct-show based player...

Currently only WMP9/10 seems to like the audio filter :(

Cheers

McoreD
30th September 2004, 15:08
Thanks for your reply guys. The coreAAC Direct Show filter did the job.
Now the ND-MPEG4's *.mp4 (with stereo or 6-channel) are playable from any Direct Show compatible player. :)