PDA

View Full Version : Where is Burning ROM in 6.x???

magic bob
22nd August 2004, 18:14
After using 5.5.x for a long time I decided to upgrade to 6.3.20 (latest) OEM Suite3. Now I can no longer find the Burning ROM application anymore. It always jumps to Nero Express. Where can I find it? Do I have to activate it some place? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Thanks!

Dimmer
23rd August 2004, 00:40
Check a couple of places (I use 6.3.0.3):
1. At the bottom of the Nero Express window there is a button Nero.
2. In Windows, click Start > Programs > Nero > Nero 6 Ultra Edition > Nero Burning ROM.

magic bob
23rd August 2004, 02:02
Originally posted by Dimmer
Check a couple of places (I use 6.3.0.3):
1. At the bottom of the Nero Express window there is a button Nero.
2. In Windows, click Start > Programs > Nero > Nero 6 Ultra Edition > Nero Burning ROM.

I fully agree, this is where it used to be (or supposed to be)... The weird thing is that when I click on the Nero button only window with a link to nero.com pops up. Burning ROM does not(longer)show up under the start menu. Also once I start it manually (nero.exe under program files\ahead nero) it only opens up Nero Express. I tried it on 2 different machines with the same result. I wonder if this has something to do with the S/N I used to register this version. As mentioned before it is an OEM version ("OEM Suite").

Any ideas???

Thanks!

Dimmer
23rd August 2004, 06:20
Oh, that's right, you have to buy full version (not OEM) to see the Burning ROM. Trial download on their site also has full functionality for 30 days.

magic bob
23rd August 2004, 12:33
Thanks Dimmer. That's too bad. 5.5OEM came with Burning ROM. It is very unfortunate Nero decided to strip down the 6.x versions. Time to look at Roxio products again.