PDA

View Full Version : Question for 2COOL

myriaxis
8th July 2004, 02:20
Hello 2COOL,

I've been reading your disable/bypass title guides and I don't seem to get it right. I recognize that I'm not an expert, but I'm willing to learn.

Since I'm not an expert, I settled for CloneDVD2 to make DVD backups. It's probably not the ultimate quality, but I found it to be an easy way to backup a DVD-9 on a DVD-5 while retaining the menus. As you certainly know, CloneDVD2 allows to blank titles to make extra room for the movie.

Even if the titles are blanked (I checked with IFOEdit and found that blanked titles are 15ms long) it takes quite a while to get to the main menu. Is there a way to jump directly to the main menu?

It seems that CloneDVD2 has corrected the IFO files according to your method shown in the first guide.

I tried the method shown in the second guide by moving post commands to pre commands. But doing this moves cell commands to post commands. From your guide, it is unclear what should be done when the IFO file has cell commands.

Am I trying to optimize something that is already optimized???

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Dimmer
8th July 2004, 09:05
I can answer this part to save 2Cool's time: Originally posted by myriaxis
I tried the method shown in the second guide by moving post commands to pre commands. But doing this moves cell commands to post commands. From your guide, it is unclear what should be done when the IFO file has cell commands. You have to set the number of Post commands to 0 after adding it to the number of Pre commands. For example, if you had 2 Pre commands and 3 Post commands change it to 5 Pre and 0 Post. This way, Cell commands will remain in their original place.